32

After spending two days with her family Daniella went to Monaco, to finally settle into her new house and from the very second she stepped in it felt like a home to her. She received a few housewarming gifts from her friends residing there but also an uninvited guest who moved to Monaco. 

"Put your legs down," Daniella sternly said to Lando, scolding him for putting his legs up on the coffee table. 

Lando immediately removed his legs from the table but lifted them up on the couch as he sat back comfortably. 

"Where did you buy this?" Lando asked as he examined the comfort of the brand new couch. "I have never sat on anything so comfortable," He bounced a bit like a little kid. 

"My interior designer helped me buy it," Daniella replied, not paying much attention to her friend as she was busy replying to some emails on her laptop. 

"Five people can easily sleep here," Lando commented. "Now I want a couch like this…"

"I will be happy to give you the phone number of the guy who made it for me," Daniella said, but she was typing an email at the same time. 

"In that case, can you also give me the phone numbers of the places where you bought that bath tub from, and the bed, and…"

Before he could finish the sentence the doorbell rang, interrupting his list of requests. 

Daniella looked up from her laptop and was about to go open the door. 

"I got it," Lando said, as if it was his own house. 

"You do know that this is not your house, right?" Daniella sarcastically asked. 

"Yeah but you know that I will spend half my time here, right?" Lando shot her a sarcastic smile. 

Daniella gave him the finger and Lando pretended to feel offended before opening the door. 

"Ahh! Look who is here, another uninvited guest," Lando smiled as Max walked in. 

Daniella put away her laptop and stood up, a warm welcoming yet happy smile on her face. 

Her smile got bigger when she noticed the flowers in Max's hand. 

"Are you going to scold him too just like you scolded me for coming over unannounced?" Lando asked as he closed the door. 

"Why would I scold him?" Daniella asked as her smile got brighter. "Are those for me?" She pointed at the flowers in Max's hand. 

"Ummm yeah," Max awkwardly said as he extended the flowers to Daniella. 

She happily took it and carefully touched a few petals. 

"I umm… I didn't know what to give you for a housewarming gift because you already have everything and…I called mom and she said I should at least give you flowers," He said honestly. 

"Lame," Lando commented as he walked past them. 

"Shut up!" Daniella glared at him. "These are beautiful," She smiled at Max, genuinely liking the flowers. 

Max felt a little relief, he knows Daniella doesn't care much about gifts but still he hoped she liked it. 

"It's nothing really…" Max shrugged, trying to play it cool. 

Daniella went to put the flowers in an empty crystal vase. After setting the vase in her desired place she noticed a note attached to the flowers, congratulating in her new house. She noticed the familiar handwriting on the small note and ran her thumb through it. Of course it's Max's handwriting but for some reason she feels like she has seen it somewhere else or that it's similar to someone else but can't put her finger on it.