106

Daniella let out a tired huff as she finished applying her lipstick and checked herself in the mirror, satisfied with her look. It was race day and she had to be at the paddock soon but unfortunately, she barely got any sleep. The entire night she kept tossing on her bed, hugging her pillow, as her mind wandered to Max. Whenever she closed her eyes she could see the way he was looking at her earlier that day in front of everyone, can feel how his arm was around her and made her feel things she has not felt in weeks. Her ears kept replaying how softly he mumbled that he was sorry.

For a moment there Daniella thought he was going to kiss her in front of everyone, and honestly, she was more than sure that she wouldn't have pushed him away. But she was both relieved and disappointed that he didn't, making her think that maybe she is a fool who is still having feelings for him.

Unknown to her, Max also didn't sleep either. He even picked up his phone multiple times to text and call her, even dialed her number once but backed off at the last moment every time, thinking he will receive nothing but harsh words and rejections from her.

Daniella picked up her backpack, ready to leave. Her suitcases were already packed and organized since she is leaving for Monaco soon after the race with Lewis, Toto's family, and some other team members.

***

As soon as Daniella got out of her car she started signing autographs and taking photos with the fans who have been waiting for a long time to see the drivers close up.

"You shouldn't have left Red Bull."

"I hope you win today."

"You and Max are the cutest couple."

"Hope you crash and leave the sport."

All sorts of comments were thrown at her. Most of them were good, but some were pretty hurtful, but Daniella didn't pay attention to it.

The crowd got louder and seem more excited as Max arrived.

The Red Bull driver was happy with the welcome her received from the fans but his heart immediately skipped a beat when he saw Daniella.

He slowly walked toward her while signing autographs along the way.

Daniella tried to ignore Max. A large photo of her and Max from yesterday was shoved in front of her face by a fan for her to sign. She was surprised by how quickly they got it all printed out for today.

"You can have it," the fan politely said to Daniella as she signed the photo.

"No, you keep it," Daniella smiled at the fan.

Their eyes grew bigger when Max came and stood beside Daniella.

"Wow!" Max looked at the photo. "That's quite big," he commented. Daniella immediately laughed as her brain thought of something not so innocent.

Max happily signed the huge photo, making the fan one of the happiest there.

"You two look so cute together," one of the fans commented. "Too bad she is not your teammate anymore."

"It makes things more interesting," Daniella winked before moving on. She didn't want to seem cold or rude to the fan or to Max.

Max's eyes lingered on Daniella as she soon disappeared once she entered the paddock.

"I really think you can do better than her," one of the Red Bull fans yelled at him.

"There is no one better than her," Max replied.

***

"Where is Jack?" Toto looked around to see if he can find his son, sounding slightly panicked since the garage is not such a safe place for a child.