20

"Why the hell are we still porpoising?" Daniella frustrated asked as a few cars passed her. Even if it's only free practice she does not like the obvious issues with the car and is worried about qualifying and the actual race.

"We are checking," Nate, her race engineer said through the radio. "Please standby."

Daniella didn't reply as she continued with the free practice. She didn't drive the car with its maximum ability but still, it annoyed her that Lando passed her and even waved at her, knowing full well she is going to be pissed about it.

"Also can you send someone to the McLaren garage and let them know that their young gremlin is acting like a brat?" She sarcastically said and of course, everyone heard it, and it gave the commentator a good laugh.

"Let's see if I can find someone who is seating ideally and not working to get your car fixed," Nate replied with the same sarcastic tone.

"Send Toto," Daniella knowing well it will get a reaction out of her boss.

Toto who was just checking an email on his phone was caught on camera. He let out an offended gasp when he heard Daniella's radio.

"Dani, this is Toto," He said through the radio. "I am not seating ideally, I am watching you and Lewis doing a terrible job right now," he smugly said, thinking he won the banter.

"Hey man, you are in the wrong line," Lewis said.

Toto cringed at his mistake and looked like a deer caught in a headlight.

"Sorry Lewis," Toto apologized. "You are actually doing pretty well."

"Yeah, no need to lie man," Lewis said frustratedly as he was also facing the same issues as Daniella.

Toto shot a guilty look at the camera before looking away.

***

After FP1 Daniella and Lewis both a much needed discussion with the team and voiced their concerns and opinions. During FP2 the car felt a little bit more stable but not as much as Daniella would like. She was still not putting extreme pressure on the car and was currently maintaining her position at P11.

"Oh no.." she groaned in a very low voice as the Williams of George Russell came out of the pitlane and was just in front of her.

She is completely sure that George is not going to move out of the way and would make the practice tough for her.

"Not worth it Dani," Nate warned her in a low voice as well, hoping she doesn't do anything reckless.

Daniella didn't reply and tried to be calm and as she suspected George was not moving out of the way, in fact, if she tries to move past whenever there is a gap he would cover it up. It's like he is pressuring her to make an error and receive some sort of penalty.

George was smirking under his helmet. He knows Daniella well enough to know that he is fuming right now, and she is known to make mistakes when she is angry and frustrated. After blocking her way once again he was a bit disappointed that she backed down and did not try to move past him anymore.

After a lap, he eased down which was a mistake as Daniella took the opportunity and quickly moved passed him. She even moved past Yuki who was ahead of George so he can't get close to her and make any problems.

George cursed under his helmet which everyone heard on the radio. His engineer warned him to control his words or else he will face some backlash.

Daniella ended FP2 in P7, while Lewis was P8. She got out of the car and had a quick word with the engineers before Myra dragged her for interviews.

***

"Looks like you and Charles are going to compete for the title this year," Daniella said to Max as she caught up with him on her way out of the paddock.

"I am confident that you guys are sandbagging," Max shot her a look.

"Nope," Daniella replied. "We are really struggling."

"I don't believe you," Max chuckled. "But if you are right then I am sure Red Bull will win this year, Ferrari has got nothing on us."

"Or we might see a repeat of the "incident", you know Charles will never make it easy for you," Daniella smirked.

"Would you just forget about that?" Max rolled his eyes. "It's been years."

"Nope," Daniella smiled. "I still remember how pissed off you were. You even snapped at me, remember?"

"Yes.." Max cautiously replied. "But I also apologized immediately," he defended himself.

"But still made me cry though," Daniella teased.

"Oh my god Dani, let it go," he groaned in frustration. "It was years ago."

"Calm down," she rolled her eyes. "I was just messing with you. Honestly, Max, you are such a drama queen."

Max looked like Daniella gave him the biggest insult of his life.

Daniella shot him a grin before waving him goodbye and getting inside her car.

**********

A/N: When will Dani and Max develop even a little bit of romantic feelings for each other?????? Its only the first race but since we have reached 20th chapter it feeling like a very slow paced story.

 Did you guys watch FP1 and FP2?

At this point I am not even sure if Merc is actually sandbagging or their car is really not good this year. But I guess we will find out about it tomorrow in qualifying.

Haas is doing pretty good and I hope they are sandbagging too cause I would really love to see Mick on the podium this year. 

And looks like Ferrari is going to challenge Red Bull (and hopefully Merc) for the title.

And what the hell is up with McLaren? I will be so pissed if they are stuck in the midfield again.