82

Daniella enviously looked at the happy couples walking on the sidewalks and holding hands from the rooftop of Max's apartment building. Max joined and handed her a bottle of cold beer and wrapped his arm around her. The evening weather was cooling down as the sun was setting on one side and from the other side dark clouds were gathering. The wind was a bit strong but neither of them minded, in fact, they enjoyed it.

"Ugh! Look at them," Daniella enviously said, but a slight pout on her face before taking a sip of her cool beer. "Roaming around in public, holding hands... enjoying the sunset."

Max can't help but chuckle as he rubbed Daniella's arm to comfort her.

"You are jealous of them?" Max asked as he too was feeling a little envious.

"Yeah," Daniella replied in an obvious tone. "Look at them," She pointed at the few couples. "Enjoying their time together in public..."

"And you had to sneak up to my apartment an hour ago," Max nodded, understanding her feeling. He too was envious of the couples. He wishes he and Daniella can date openly and not keep their relationship secret. "And last month I had to hide out on your balcony when Lewis came over to your house."

The couple let out a heavy sigh and drank their beer as thunder and lightning could be heard in the background. Daniella rested her head again Max. A small smile appeared on each other's faces.

"Oh look at that," Daniella pointed at one of the couples. "They are fighting," A hint of excitement was in her voice.

Max let out a laugh, enjoying the scene.

"There is nothing better than a public fight," Daniella commented and shot Max a sinister smirk.

Max matched her smirk before kissing her as the rain started to pour lightly, not that either of them mind. They drank their beer and watched the couple fight and ultimately walked away in separate directions.

"That was fun," Max commented.

"Yeah," Daniella nodded. "We enjoyed the sunset and that fight," She chuckled. "Now come on," She held his hand. "Let's go inside."

Max shook his head and he spun her around before pulling her towards him as the rain got heavy, trying to muster up his courage.

There was a surprised look on Daniella's face as she didn't expect Max to do that. Max smirked which soon turned into a smile. Both were already wet from head to toe and looking each other in the eye.

Daniella can't help but smile as she put her hand on his cheek and caressed it with her thumb. Max's face brightened up as he pulled her in for a kiss and wrapped his arms around her.

The kiss was slow and gentle, filled with emotions as the heavy rain poured.

A few seconds later they broke the kiss but pressed their forehead together.

Daniella bit her bottom lip, debating whether or not to tell Max her true feelings. The moment was perfect, they were perfect, but she felt like she couldn't confess her feelings without letting him know about her encounters with Carlos first.

"We should go inside now," Daniella softly said.

Max nodded, cursing himself for not being about to tell her the three little words that he built up the courage for a few minutes ago.

***

"Where is your hair dryer?" Daniella asked as she checked all the possible drawers. Her hair was damp and only a towel was wrapped around her.

"Didn't you take it home with you last time because yours was not working?" Max pointed out as he put her warm coffee on the bedside table.

Daniella cursed herself as she remembered taking home his hair dryer, now she will just have to wait and let her hair dry naturally.