3. Marriage of our Anmol Jodi

Surender ji, Anirudh,  Bhairavi with her parents left to Devipur.

In Devipur village: When mami came to wake up Bonditha, she kept all pillows under blanket and not found anywhere. Devoleena hold her head and shouted for her husband, Sumati & told that Bonditha is missing. Everyone were tensed. Mami in her mind “This girl will spoil my dream of buying ornaments to my sampoorna. Where the hell had she gone?”

Devoleena started taunting Sumati that it was all her fault of giving too much lenience for girl. Now village women are coming to apply haldi , today night itself is marriage and where had she left? A woman came and told that she saw Bonditha in the street of groom house. This fears Mama, mami to the worst.

Bondita went  to Chandrachur house, Kalindi was hell shocked to see her there, immediately covered her face with pallu. Bondita didn't see her face, also in her nightmare she didn't know who is under blanket.

She took blessings of Kalindi and told “I am Bonditha, bride. I came to speak with my would be husband. Please call him” Chandrachur almost spent every time in old man's disguise in fear that if anyone recognizes him. He came out as an old man . Bonditha took his blessings also and asked if he is father or grandfather of my would be husband. Both of them are bewildered.

Kalindi frowned  at her behavior and asked “Today is your haldi. You are going to become daughter in law of our house. How dare to come like this leaving all rituals?”

Bondita replied “I came here to inform my conditions to my fiancée before marriage.” Both of them asked “you are a girl are you not ashamed to speak with in laws like this. What is this adventurous behavior.”

Bonditha replied “I will marry if you let my mother to come along with me. My second condition is you should give me Rashagulla daily.” If you don’t agree, then don’t come for marriage. Both of them are worried for her attitude.

But it provoked Chandrachur of making her his wife at any cost. He told that I will fulfill your desires

Bondita immediately asked “why are you telling this Thakurdaa, ask your grandson I mean my fiancée to come and tell this.” Chandrachur laughed loudly and told that “if I promise think that groom has promised you. I will fulfill all your desires, but at the same time you too have to fulfill all.my desires” Bondita innocently nodded.

Kalindi asked her to leave to house and get ready because groom is coming. Mama, mami just then arrived hurriedly, started blaming Bonditha for doing this mischievous act and asking their apology.

Kalindi asked mami to come inside, taunted for not teaching good manners. She gave drowsy medicine and asked her to feed just before marriage so that she won’t stay awake in marriage. Devoleena agreed and dragged  Bonditha.

Chandrachur told “I am very much impressed with this girl. She will become more beautiful once she hits puberty. After she become my wife I promise that I will leave my lifestyle for her.” Kalindi felt happy that her grandson is changing.

When they reached Devoleena shouted “why did you go to groom’s house without informing? What is the necessity. Mama also told “ Beta, if you want to say anything then you could have told me. Why did you go there?”

Bonditha replied “ I had gone there to inform my 2 conditions before marriage”. Mama asked “I promised you that I will talk to him personally, will it look good if bride herself goes to talk to groom.”

Bonditha replied “How can I believe you mama? You have taken the money given by Shomik kaka, mami always taunt that due to us you are struggling to meet daily needs, but I have seen many times that you both hide from us and eat good food and gave us the left over food of previous day. 2 months before thief had come and stole my mother jewels, but the Same thief did not go to any other house who has more jewelry than us. when I am about to hit him, you suddenly stopped mama and the thief wore bangles and anklets. Next day I saw the same jewels taken by mami and sold to gold smith. That means mami is the thief. Tell me am I correct or not. How can I believe you. How can I let my mother to stay with you?”