7 Bondita's education, Brijwasi and Hiramandi tracks

Anirudh thanked Somnath and Rabinder with delight along with  Sumati. They left for the camp. Later Anirudh brought her pot full of roshogullas and she is happily eating it. Sumati thanked Anirudh for solving this problem. She remembered her husband while talking and became emotional. Anirudh asked about Yogendra’s Peshi.

She told that my husband didn’t tell about his Peshi anytime. He told that Shomik told me about their Peshi and gave her complete details of what he know about Kalindi and Chandrachur. He asked her to leave to Devipur village today only and she agreed. He enquired about Kalindi in krishnanagar and met her step daughter, he learnt from her that she is too harsh and her son and grandson had lust for women. He came to conclusion that Chandrachur has lust for Bonditha and he should be very careful about her protection.

They returned to Tulsipur. Trilochan and Gowri are extremely delighted to know that her problem is solved. Binoy, Bhaumik who were present there discussing about business matters are highly irritated. Bhaumik left their house with frustration.  Saudamini’s 10 days puja is over and  on 10th day Bonditha participated  in all rituals and  served priests. They blessed Bonditha more than Saudamini and this made her to fume with more jealousy.

Anirudh took a test of Bonditha in his study room, asked her to write whatever she knows. She is able to read and write books In Hindi, Bengali, basic mathematics of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, time,...etc. but she can read only English letters and cannot pronounce it. He started teaching English subject and told that he will arrange a private tutor for her.

Gowri came and asked her to learn household works, she should also become Kushal gruhalakshmi. While arguing this, village people came and asked Trilochan to come to panchayat immediately. They asked the reason.  They told that a woman is attacked by a snake. All of them rushed to the spot.

It is told by villagers that a woman while going for bathing and cleaning purpose early in the morning is attacked by venomous snake and she is dead in spot. Her parents are weeping to the core. Anirudh shouted on them “what’s the use of crying when you aren’t ready to get rid of problem? Who said bathing in open area is a part of custom? You are ready to give up your lives for your stubbornness but you are not willing to protect your esteem, respect. Today snake has attacked,tomorrow if an eve teaser harms or behaves in a disrespectful way, what will you do? Listen to me. Spend amount for building washrooms in your house. It is good for your safety and for health. I respect you as my sisters and mother.  You need not scare of anyone, feel ashamed and insecured daily.” They were in thoughts, didn’t utter any word.

Anirudh asked village head to build toilets first in his house so that everybody will follow him. Even Sourav came forward and agreed with Anirudh. Although munshi is annoyed he kept quiet there.

Bonditha came forward and told that till 2 days before even she suffered with a problem to go to washroom, initially I have also preferred to go to river. But after using toilet in home, I felt so secured. I can change my clothes securely in my room. I needn’t worry that if anyone are coming. This is to protect women’s respect. We need not worry that anyone are coming.” Trilochan and Gowri annoyed that she spoke in public about her problem, but Anirudh admired her saying “Bravo Bonditha”. When Bonditha spoke, another girl of her age burst into tears and told that I am being harassed by a stranger daily while going for bathing, unable to wear my clothes nearby river.”

Then Anirudh immediately shouted “ Is this enough, what will you gain with your stubborn  thoughts? Don’t make them to feel that it is a curse to born as woman.” Girl’s father came with folded hands and apologized for this and told that he will spend money for building toilets. Other 2 persons also agreed with him. All felt happy and left to home.