𝗖𝗵. 𝟭𝟴

"I'm gonna die

"I'm gonna die..?"

"No, no, no. You won't di-.."

"Doctor said there's a high chance that I won't fully get past my teenage years. You knew about this, didn't you?"

Shinichiro was crouching in front of you to match your height. He was trying to help you deny the fact that you were most likely gonna die in the future. He didn't want you to worry.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry for not telling you, sis."
"This is why you guys are always trying to take care of me, huh? I feel bad now, I'm such a burden to you all. If I'm going to die soon, don't waste your time on a sick person like me."
"Don't say that. You've never been a bother to us, not once."
"You guys have to take care of a weak person who's gonna die anyways. I'm sor-.."
"Stop it. Stop apologizing," he pulled you into a tight hug. "Don't apologize for something you can't control. You've never done anything wrong, your siblings are all more than happy to take care of you."

The room went silent, only the sound of your soft sniffles were heard.

"It's alright," he rubbed your head. "Let it all out."

...

"Are you feeling better now?" Shinichiro helped clean your teary-face. You were laying your head on his shoulder now while you both sat on the doorsteps. The cold air hit your face, causing you to utter a small smile.
"Yes. Thank you, Shin."
"Your illness will get better, I promise. You're not going to die."

"Does Emma know about this? Mikey?"
"Yes.."
"Oh."
"Y/n-chin~!!"
"Speaking of the devil," Shinichiro mumbled. "There he is."

Your felt like your ears were gonna bleed. You didn't know why, you just couldn't handle loud noises right now or have the energy to talk to anyone. You hugged Shinichiro in an attempt to hide your face from Mikey. You heard his footsteps getting louder by the second and it stopped when he noticed you hiding your face.

"What's wrong, sis?"
"She's not in the mood to talk to anyone right now," Shinichiro answered for you.
"But she wants to talk to me right??"
"C'mon, Mikey. When someone doesn't wanna to others, why would a guy who yells a lot be an exception?"
"Hmph, whatever.."
"..."

"So uh.. Emma's birthday is tomorrow. I'm gonna take her out, are you guys gonna come?" Mikey sat next to you.
"Busy, take Y/n."
"Y/n," Mikey poked your arm. "Wanna go out tomorrow? It's Emma's birthday."
"Ok," you mumbled.
"Yes!"

。。。

"I love you, Mikey~"

Emma was hugging your tired-looking brother, who woke up early to take her sisters out. You quickly put your hand out for her. On your hand was a flat, black box.

"For me?" She asked.
You nodded and pushed the box to her. She opened the box. Inside it was a pretty gold necklace with a gold circle in the middle. Her eyes widened and she gave you a hug. "Thank you!"

"You look really pretty," you mumbled while you helped her put on the necklace.
"Thank you, sis~"
"That's a really weird necklace, Y/n," Mikey said.
"Leave her alone!"

...

"Yum~"

Emma was feeding Mikey across the small table while you ate your parfait in silence. She asked you if you wanted to be fed too, but you obviously declined. Today is supposed to be about her, not you — or Mikey. You sent small glares towards Mikey which he completely ignored since he was too busy being fed by the birthday girl.

"You okay, sweetie?" Emma asked. "You look a bit down today."
"I'm okay, sis," you smiled. "It's just Mikey is being selfish and can't feed himself."

No, that wasn't it. The fact that you were gonna die soon was still floating in your head. You didn't wanna leave your family, you loved them too much. You didn't have anymore time to think about those depressing thoughts when a girl slammed her hands on your table. The spoon that you ate your parfait with fell on you and stained your shirt.

"You three are the worst!"

The girl had peach colored hair and wore a detective-looking outfit. You've seen her before at the Toman meeting but you completely forgot who she was.

"Hina?"
"Hm?"
"My shirt!"
"Emma.. and Mikey?!"
"It's not what it looks like, Draken-kun!"

You tried cleaning your shirt with your sleeve, making the stain even bigger. 'Why am I so unlucky in life?...'

"Draken!" Emma blushed.

'I wanna go home,' you teared up.

"Haha! You're taking your little sister out on her birthday, Mikey?" Draken laughed.
"Shut up."
"Little sister?" Takemichi walked up to you guys.
"You didn't know?" Draken asked him.
'Oh right! That girl is Takemichi's girlfriend. Got his ass beaten by her, haha!'

You were just about to start crying but now you're laughing in your head. 'Darn these mood swings. Feel like I'm on my period everyday.'

"Mikey and Emma are half-siblings," Draken told him.
"WHAT?!"
"Really?!"
"What about Y/n, though?"
"Y/n is Mikey's full blood sibling."
"Oh.."
"I told Hina about this before though," Emma said.
"You did..?! Miss detective!"
"This parfait looks so yummy," Hina ignored her boyfriend.

"Here," Draken put a plush on Emma's head.
"That's the one you wanted from the arcade," Mikey said.
"Oh," Emma blushed.
'They're so cute together,' you smiled.
"Happy birthday. That's all, I'm outta here," Draken told Emma and turned to you to pat your head. "Bye, Y/n."
"Bye.."

"So cool!!"
"Good for you, Emma-chan!"

Emma giggled as she hugged the teddy bear.

"Y/n-chan," Takemichi tapped you to gain your attention.
"Hm?"
"Just wanted to thank you," he whispered.
"About what?"
"If it wasn't for you telling me about your dream, Baji-kun would've gotten stabbed."
"Woah, really?!"

"What are you whispering to my sister?" Mikey glared at him.
"Eek! Uh, it's nothing..!"
"It was clearly something that make her sound so shocked."
"Hmph, don't be mean! It's a secret between us two," you told him. 'Or three.. since Chifuyu was also there.'
"Secret? Since when were you two so close?"
"Since I went to the val-.."
"Since the Toman meeting, haha!" Takemichi covered your mouth.
"Get your hands off of her."
"Crap, sorry!"

"Y/n? Why is your shirt stained?" Emma asked. "Where are your manners..?"
"I-it wasn't me! Takemichi's girlfriend slammed the table and the spoon dropped on me."
"Yeah right," Mikey mumbled. "Your hands were probably just shaking. Emma said she could feed you."
"I know how to feed myself, I'm not a kid!"
"Yes you are."

"Stupid delinquent.."