𝗖𝗵. 𝟯𝟭

"Michi-kun!"

"Michi-kun!"

You were at a Toman meeting with Mikey again. You were buying gifts since Christmas was in two or three days so your brother told you that he'll take you shopping after the meeting. You've already done a bit of your shopping, so there was only a little left. You noticed Takemichi in the Toman uniform, standing with Kazutora.

"Oh! Hi, Y/n-san," Takemichi greeted you.
"Did you two join Mikey's gang?" You asked, looking at their uniforms.
"Yeah," Kazutora replied. "Mikey made a brand new division for us with Hanagaki being the captain."
"Ohh!"
"It would've made more sense if Kazutora-kun was the captain since he's one of the founders, but he insisted that I should be captain," Takemichi explained.
"So.. Kazutora-kun is the vice captain?" You asked.
"Yep."

'The hell is that smelly rat doing with Y/n?' A white-haired Toman member was sending Takemichi side glares. 'He doesn't even deserve to speak with her...!'

"That's so cool!" You smiled. "Congrats, Michi-kun!"
"Thank you!"

'Why is he even a division captain? Fucking bastard..'

"Oh, Y/n-san!" Chifuyu quickly walked up to you with Baji.
"Hi, Fuyu-kun!"
"Hi. Baji-san here wanted-.."
"I said to shut up!" Baji hit the back of his head. "I can talk to her myself."
"W-what is it?" You asked.
"Ugh.. well.. my mom wanted to invite my friends over tomorrow for dinner. Since, y'know, It's Christmas and stuff... I don't really know why she wants to. My point is.. can you come, too?"
"Oh, of course!" You replied. "Who will be there?"
"Just you, Chifuyu, Kazutora.."
"That sounds great! I'll have to ask my bro-.."
"I already told Shinichiro-kun about it," Baji interrupted. "Also.. call me Keisuke from now on."
"Okay, Keisuke. I'll be there then."

'Gosh,' Baji let out a heavy sigh of relieve. 'Why was that so nerve wracking?'

...

You sat on the edge of the steps, unseen by anyone. You were waiting for Mikey to finish his 'emergency meeting.' You didn't know what it was about and you didn't really feel like wanting to know. Learning about gang stuff was complicated.

The members all seemed to scatter off now, only six of them stayed with Draken and Mikey. You were guessing they were the captains. You were in your thoughts now, playing with your fingers. That is, until you felt someone sitting next to you. You turned around to see Kazutora again.

"Hi."
"Hi, Y/n-san. Mikey's talking with the division captains about arranging Takemichi's team. It'll take only a few minutes."
"Oh, okay. Thank you for telling me."
"Of course. How are you feeling? You can walk by yourself now, that's nice to see."
"Yeah! I'm very grateful for that, I don't have to rely on my siblings for help anymore. It feels nice to help a little around the house, too."
He smiled at you and ruffled your hair. 'Cute..'

The same boy from earlier was watching the interaction between you and the new vice captain. As soon as he put his hand on your hair, his body tensed up. Now he felt himself quickly walking up to you and Kazutora.

"Haru?" Your sweet voice rang through his ears, calming him down a little. Kazutora also looked up at him in confusion as to why he looked so upset.

The jealousy completely took over Sanzu. He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from Kazutora. "H-Haru, are you okay? Why are you pulling me away from Kazutora-kun?"

He took you somewhere away from him.
"Haru!"
"..What?" He finally responded.
"I was talking to Kazutora-kun, why did you pull me away from him?"
He didn't respond and still didn't face you yet. So you cupped his face, making him look at you.
"Is it because of the other day? I'm sorry I suddenly left you.. I really didn't mean it."
"It's not because of that. Just.. never mind."
"Tell me, Haru."
'Stop talking to others, damn it. Why are you so damn oblivious?!' He pushed your hands off his face. "It's nothing... I just thought he was touching you without your permission."

Of course Sanzu would never curse or yell at you. It's just sometimes you're so oblivious about his feelings towards you that it pisses him off. The way you interact with the other Toman members angers him.

He always thought about how to make you pay attention to him without making you feel uncomfortable. It was honestly pretty hard. He thought about you so often, even at important meetings that Mucho had to tell him to focus.

"Sis!" Mikey called out to you. "Come on, I'm done."

"Okay, I'm coming!" You yelled back and turned back to Sanzu. "Kazutora-kun wouldn't touch me in a weird way, don't worry. I'll see you later then, Haru. Merry early Christmas, I'll make sure to buy a present for you!"

Didn't you know your presence was a present for him already? Gosh, what an oblivious girl.

。。。

"I got invited to dinner with Baji!"

You told Mikey as you walked through the store with him. He turned to you in confusion. "What? When?"
"Tomorrow! It's with Kazutora-kun, Fuyu-kun, Baji-kun, and his mom will be there too."
"Ah.. okay."

"Mikey.."
"Hm?"
"Do you have like this urge that darkness is gonna take over you and make you lash out on everyone?"
"..."
"..."
"...What? Why are you asking that all of a sudden?"
'Yeah, idiot Y/n! Why are you asking that?!' You scolded yourself. 'What's wrong with you?'

The truth is that you had another dream like the one that you saw Kazutora getting stabbed in. But.. it was different this time.

...

"When I can't control myself, it's like there's another me. A dark impulsivity."

"Ken-chin.... I'm empty inside."

Surrounded by darkness..

"You wanna die next?"

"You can't stop destroying things, can you? I'm the same. That's why I'm here to destroy you."

"How do you want to die?"

...

"It's nothing.. don't worry about it," you waved him off. "I'll go buy the things I need now."
"Y/n," he stopped you.
"Y-yeah?"

Mikey wanted to keep his dark impulses a secret from his family, especially you. He would never want to hurt you, but were you even going to be present when his dark impulses completely took over him? If he told you now, it wouldn't make a difference. But what if you got scared of him? The last thing he would want is for his loved ones to be terrified of him.

"Never mind, be quick."

'Why did she ask me that out of nowhere..?'

?'