𝗖𝗵. 𝟯𝟴

"They hate me now

"They hate me now.. they hate me!" You cried, squishing your face in your pillow after changing into your pajamas. "I didn't want this to happen! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!"

knock
knock
knock

You got up and quickly wiped your tears off your face. You moved your hair out of your face and cleared your throat. "Yes?"

"Y/n," your grandpa opened the door.
"Grandpa? H-hi.. do you need something?"
"What happened? Why did you suddenly lash out on your siblings?" He closed the door and walked to your bed.
"Uh-.. I don't wanna talk about it."

He sat on your bed. It was silent for a few seconds before he spoke up again. "I don't want to hear you say you want to die."
"My life is pointless, grandpa. There's literally no point for me to be alive anymore. You're all tired of taking care of me now."
"And who said that?"
"I did. I can feel it. I've been a burden to you guys my whole life. Mikey's always looking out for me, Shinichiro always comforts me, Emma always helps me. You even had to stay in to take care of me. And what have I done but cause problems?" Your eyes filled with tears again. You thought all of this deep down, but now you're actually saying it out loud. And it hurts. It hurts to feel so useless.

Grandpa pulled you in a hug so you could sob on his shoulder. "Your siblings never thought of you as a problem. If they did, they would come to me to whine and complain about you, but that's never happened. They're more than happy to take care of you. I'd rather stay in with my granddaughter than go out and they think the exact same."
You took your head off his shoulder and wiped your tears away. "I-I can't.. face them n-now. Tell them I'm s-sorry.."
"You only told them how you really feel. Why do you need to apologize for that?"

"I-... I don't know. I just.. feel guilty, I guess."
"There's no need to feel guilty. It's better to speak out more, don't let them tell you what to do. They're not the head of the household, I am."
You let out a soft giggle. "O-okay.."
"And why are you in your pajamas? It's only eight."
"I think I'll sleep early tonight.."

。。。

You woke up to the sound of tools clattering together outside your window. Yawning, you got up to see what it was. Draken was outside with Mikey fixing a motorcycle.

You decided to go down and check it out.

"Hi, Draken-kun," you gave him a small wave. "What are you guys doing?"
"Oh. Hey Y/n," Draken gave you a small smile before going back to fixing the motorcycle. "I'm fixing this bike for Takemichi. Shinichiro-kun found it somewhere in the Philippines. And what about you? It's already one 'o clock, you slept this late?"
"Yeah, I had a tiring day yesterday. How'd you know I just woke up?"
"You're still in your pajamas," he chuckled.
"O-oh! I didn't realize. And.. good morning, Mikey."