𝗖𝗵. 𝟰𝟬

"You stay back

"You stay back. All of you, stay back!"
"YOU STAY THE FUCK BACK OR I'LL LASER YOU, GODDAMN IT! I'll laser every fucking one of you!"

You were on the couch in your brother's living room, watching TV. He was in his room, he said he had some work to do.

You already texted Shinichiro that you were staying with a 'friend' for today and you'd be back tomorrow so they didn't have to freak out about you leaving unnoticed. You turned off your phone, not wanting to see how he replies. You honestly felt better now that you were with Izana for today.

The door opened, revealing a stressed out Kakucho. He looked in confusion at the TV that was on before his eyes landed on you. "Hey," he smiled.

"Hi, Kakucho!" You waved.
"Are you staying with us?"
"O-only for today, don't worry!"
"I don't mind," he chuckled. "I'll go change."

After changing, Kakucho sat down next to you on the couch. He was pretty tired, Tenjiku meetings are better when they're ran by Izana. Maybe because everyone was scared of him, they didn't talk back or interrupt him. Of course they respected Kakucho, but he was less scarier, so they thought it was fine to interrupt him mid-speech. It was alright though, he didn't made sure they didn't interrupt him again.

He smiled softly, watching your focused face on the show you were watching. There was a comfortable silence between the two of you before he decided to speak up. "Thank you."

"Huh?" Your head perked up. "Me?"

"Yes. Thank you. If it weren't for you, Izana would have gone mad a while ago. The thought of finding you all these years kept him going, even at his lowest. He's doing so much better, thanks to you."

"Wait, I was watching the TV. What did you say?" You asked, looking back up at him.

He only smiled and ruffled your hair. "Nothing."

"Okay.. Oh! I've been wanting to tell you for a while, but your scar looks so cool!"

"..Cool?"

"Mhm! It suits you, y'know? Makes you look handsome," you told him and went back to watching your show.

He stared at you, astonished. Handsome? Cool? Suits him? That's the first time someone, especially a girl, complimented him on his scar. You didn't even know much about him, but you just complimented him on his past insecurity like you've known him for years. It honestly made his heart race a little. He appreciated it, but how was he supposed to respond now that you've made him so flustered?

Fortunately, Kakucho didn't have to respond since Izana came out of his room to join the two of you. He sat between you and Kakucho, seeing that there wasn't much space between you two.

"I.. think I should go home," you said out loud.
"It's better to stay here with me. Why would you wanna leave?" Izana asked.
"I should really go, they must be worried."
"You already texted them, didn't you? There's nothing to worry about." He ruffled your hair. "I'm taking you out tomorrow, okay?"
"Huh? Where?"
"You said you wanted to go somewhere fun with me, didn't you?"