𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹: 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗱

Childhood memories!

Childhood memories!

The stories aren't in order.

N/n = nickname

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

cough cough

You buried your head into your pillow, trying to muffle your coughs so Mikey could sleep well. You shared a room with him and you knew Mikey hated when people interrupted his sleep, so you tried your best to be quite.

Mikey wasn't asleep. Yes, your coughing was part of the reason but he was also worried about you. You coughed so much, what if you started coughing up blood next? He sat up slowly and turned to face you on your bed. Your back was turned around, blanket covering your whole body. "N/n..." His sleepy voice startled you.

You took the blanket off of you and sat up on your bed. You turned to see that he also sat up on his bed. "Did... I broth-.. b-both..er Mikey?" You asked, tears forming up in your eyes.

You couldn't talk well, you were only seven at the moment. You weren't like other kids, you learned to walk when you were three and a half and only started talking when you turned six. You didn't even mumble gibberish like other children did until you turned four. You were a slow and weak child.

"No, you're not bothering me," he lied.

He looked at all the sweat that covered your red face. You were really unwell. "Did Shin give you your medicine?"

"Y-yes," you sniffled, wiping off your tears. Medicine only helped your illness calm down, not disappear. Your trembling hands reached out for the glass of water that was on your nightstand. As soon as you tried to grab it, you accidentally knocked it over. You let out a gasp. Mikey's eyes widened, getting up to help you.

He took the knocked up glass and put it back to how it was before. "Don't worry about the wet floo-.."

"Sorry! I-I'm so sorry!" Your tears spilled rapidly.

He sighed. "No, it's fine, N/n-chin.. you wanna sleep in my bed?"

"Don't... wanna b-bother Mikey!"

"You won't bother me. Come sleep in my bed." He took your hand and helped you to his bed.

Your little legs climbed up on the bed and Mikey got in next to you. He grabbed his blanket and covered the both of you with it. You let out a few more coughs before cuddling into his chest.

"I love you, Mikey."

He stared at you for a second. I love you? That's the first time he heard those three words coming out of your mouth. Mikey smiled, trying to hold in his laugh. You were so cute. Maybe not being able to sleep early tonight was okay.

The next few days, Mikey did everything to hear those three words from you again.

He helped you walk, tried to feed you to which Shinichiro got angry about because he made a mess, read books to you (he was horrible at it), and tried to make you laugh. You thought he was scaring you with all the 'funny' faces he did, so you ended up crying instead and he got a scolding from grandpa. So, he took you to grandpa's dojo to brag and show you how strong he was. And instead, you got distracted by how cool Baji's fangs were and didn't pay a single attention to him.