𝗖𝗵. 𝟰𝟮

You excitedly entered the house

You excitedly entered the house. You were so happy to have spent all day with your older brother.

Little did you know, your other brother was waiting for your arrival. You took off your shoes and was about to head to your room when a voice startled you.

"Where have you been?"

"Oh, Mikey! Hi!" You giggled to yourself. "I was with some friends, they took me to an amusement park!"

Amusement park? Is that why you were so cheerful? He could've taken you to one himself, why didn't you ask him?

"Where's Shin and Emma?" You asked.

"Emma's out with Takemicchi's girlfriend right now. Shin is in his shop," he answered.

"Oh, okay.."

Before you could head towards your room, Mikey grabbed your hand. "We need to talk."

"Talk? Mm.. okay, sure."

He led you to the couch. "A Toman member told me they saw you out the other day. With a guy."

As soon as you heard that, your felt your stomach drop. You tried not to panic and act dumb. "What guy?" Oh, god. What if he finds out you've been sneaking out to see your other brother without telling him? You'll be in big, big trouble.

"Sanzu."

"Sa..nzu? Who's that?"

Mikey looked at you in confusion. "Are you playing dumb? If you are, it isn't working."

"No, I'm serious. I've never heard of that name."

"Haruchiyo," he sighed. "You were with Haruchiyo."

"Oh, Haru! Yeah, I was. He never told me he went by 'Sanzu'. Sorry.."

"You two were kissing."

Your eyes widened and heat ran up to your cheeks. "Wh-what? No, no.. we weren't.."

"Stop lying, you're not good at it."

"O-okay! Yes, we kissed! But why does that matter?!"

"I don't want you to date him. You could have anyone, just don't pick him."

"I'll say this in the nicest way possible, Mikey. This has nothing to do with you."

His eyebrows furrowed. Why are you acting so stubborn? You've never been like this, when did you change so much? "It does. I'm your brother, I'm trying to protect you."

"Mikey.. this is what I don't like about you. If I don't want to be protected, then you have to respect my decision. If I ever need protection, then you know you're always my number one person to ask. But please, just let me do as I want. I'm trying to live my life to the fullest without any regrets. Let me enjoy myself, okay?"