Chapter 21 - He says I have a crush on you

When Ye Yao got up and left the room, he saw Lu Xun setting up the plates with his father, and it looked like a happy scene.

When Ye Yao came out, Lu Xun picked out one of the bowls of noodles and placed it in front of Ye Yao.

"You don't like uncooked, fully cooked eggs cooked especially for you." Lu Xun raised an eyebrow.

"Little Lu is a sweet boy, which girl will be lucky to marry you in the future!" Ye Yao's father exclaims.

"No, no," Lu Xun said modestly, "I just grew up being gentle and considerate, I'm used to taking care of people."

Ye Yao: "......"

What's the play here?

Ye Yao did not understand, but thought Lu Xun was trying to show off in front of his elders, so he did not poke at him.

Ye Yao sits down normally and eats the noodles. Lu Xun watches his expression and knows that his actions are not working.

Ye Yao has spent so much time with him, of course he knows what kind of person he is. Trying to change his image on the fly would be very abrupt and unnatural.

Why do you want to be portrayed in a way that Ye Yao likes?

The more he does well, the higher Ye Yao's expectations will be, and the more likely he will be unable to find someone to live with and die alone with.

The two of them together are enough, no need to insert anyone else.

He needed to find a gentle way to fit his character, and there it was, and he's halfway done it - Ye Yao's birthday present.

When Ye Yao finished his noodles, Lu Xun came up to him.

"Brother Ye, come back to my side of the family with me in a few days? My birthday present for you is still at home." Lu Xun thought for a moment and added, "If you really don't want to go, I'll have them send it over."

Ye Yao felt that this would be the last time he would go to Lu Xun's house, so he nodded: "Yes, it's not a bad idea to go around while you have time, after spending the seventh day of the Chinese New Year with my parents?"

Lu Xun quickly used his vip privileges to book two tickets for the 8th day of the Chinese New Year, and then joyfully put his arm around Ye Yao's shoulder: "Guess what I've got for you this time?"

Given Lu Xun's work in previous years, Ye Yao speculated: "Did you design the rotating crystal ball yourself? A carved wooden castle? Strawberry jam made from the strawberries you grew and raised?"

Lu Xun snorted, "How is it possible, who would give a gift that has been given before again, I am such an insincere person in your mind?"

"There's no mystery if you guess." Ye Yao says.

That being said, Lu Xun stopped asking questions and instead imagined in his head what Ye Yao would look like when he used the gift.

He, Lu Xun, a soft-hearted man, deliberately learns a new skill and knits Ye Yao a pink jumper for his birthday.

Before he came to Ye Yao's house after the winter break, Lu Xun was busy with this very thing. At the time he was thinking simply, the thought of Ye Yao wearing the jumper he had knitted himself made him too happy to sleep.

In retrospect, the act of many girls knitting jumpers to protect their loved ones from the cold is known as tenderness. His main purpose was not to keep Ye Yao warm, but the act was always the same.

After knitting a large part of the jumper, he went back and finished the small part, so that on the night of Ye Yao's birthday, he could let Ye Yao wear the jumper he had knitted, hold Ye Yao's hand and cut the birthday cake, and take lots of pictures together.