Chapter 29 - Ye Yao is distancing himself from him

The tall figure turns around at the sound of footsteps and when he sees the person, he strides over to help Ye Yao with his backpack.

Ye Yao waved his hand, "No, it's just a few books, I'll just memorise them myself."

Lu Xun didn't give Ye Yao a chance to refuse and took Ye Yao's backpack.

Lu Xun slung his backpack over his shoulder, farther away from Ye Yao: "Did it go well? Did the family bully you because you were nice to talk to?"

Ye Yao, who had just beaten up his own student, shook his head as he tried to grab his bag back and said, "They're all pretty nice to talk to."

"That's fine." Lu Xun put the bag he was carrying on his back in front of him and said in a cupped voice, "What are you doing pulling and tugging on the street?

Ye Yao: "......"

Ye Yao stopped moving with an expressionless face, "Having travelled together for four years, I didn't know that Brother Lu was a lady's man, so I'm really surprised."

When Ye Yao stopped chasing him, Lu Xun automatically came over and bumped Ye Yao's shoulder: "You have to be responsible for being abusive for so many years, are you still a man?

Ye Yao looked Lu Xun up and down, "So how can I be responsible for this, Lu girl is bigger than me when he pulls out, I might as well be a scumbag."

Lu Xun laughed a few times, he touched Ye Yao's shoulder, the evening breeze was cool, he subconsciously wanted to hold Ye Yao's hand, but suddenly he remembered that Ye Yao did not want to be held by him.

Lu Xun's hand froze in mid-air for a few seconds, before turning to put his arm around Ye Yao's shoulder.

It was a common gesture between close friends and no one who passed them in the area looked surprised.

Lu Xun had overcome his annoyance at not seeing Ye Yao for most of the day and his displeasure at not being able to hold Ye Yao's hand, and reassured himself that it would be nice to come and pick Ye Yao up from work.

This is his privilege, only he can come and pick up Ye Yao.

Thinking of this, Lu Xun put his arm around Ye Yao's shoulders and lowered his voice, "I'll pick you up every time from now on, and you can't let anyone else do it, okay?"

Ye Yao lowered his eyes, the cold, hard keys still in his pocket, representing his chance to get away from Lu Xun.

The conversation is interrupted by the arrival of a taxi, and Lu Xun pushes Ye Yao into the car, forgetting to ask Ye Yao for an answer.

*

Once this make-up session was over, it was time for classes to start again.

Lu Xun once again began his ordeal of being alone in class, thinking about what Ye Yao was doing while listening to the lecture, but he was smart enough to keep up with his studies.

Lu Xun surreptitiously sent Ye Yao a message during class time, and rightly so, he didn't get a reply. Lu Xun knew this was normal, but he couldn't help but feel irritated.

Here we go again, living like this.

From Monday to Friday, he has a full schedule of classes and can only talk to Ye Yao face to face during the day at lunchtime. In the evenings, there are occasional electives where he can join Ye Yao, but he can't speak freely either.

Even on the free evenings when he is not taking electives, Ye Yao has to do his homework and revise his assignments, so he does not want to disturb Ye Yao.