Chapter 34 - Are you really going to protect him?

Ye Yao woke up in the morning and was shocked to see Lu Xun at the sink.

Lu Xun was brushing his teeth with his eyes drooping, his whole face unusually haggard, turning into a dishevelled dapper man. When he sees him coming, Lu Xun, whose mouth is full of white foam, squeezes out a smile.

The smile is really not very nice.

"...... are you okay." Ye Yao said worriedly.

"Nothing." Lu Xun spits the foam out of his mouth and talks to Ye Yao, "I didn't get much sleep last night watching a ball game."

Ye Yao didn't know if this reason was true or not, so he went along with it and said, "You can watch the game during the day, don't stay up too much, staying up late is not good for your health."

Lu Xun nods his head.

Seeing Lu Xun's unconcerned look, Ye Yao couldn't help but add: "Staying up all night also makes you ugly ...... Forget it."

Lu Xun doesn't care about appearances at all, and he says this is even less useful.

Ye Yao had just finished his thought when he saw Lu Xun's eyes widen. Lu Xun took a few sips of water to clear the remaining foam from his mouth and hurried out of the washroom.

Ye Yao looked out from the washroom to see Lu Xun going to the fitting mirror in the dormitory and examining his face.

Ye Yao :"......"

Xiao Pang, who was also washing up, was also stunned by Lu Xun. He and Ye Yao looked at each other and said in shock, "What happened, overnight Brother Lu is actually concerned about whether he looks good today or not?"

"I don't know about ......." Ye Yao said, "Maybe there was a player in the game he watched last night that was so good looking that it inspired him to be competitive."

*

Ye Yao was in class as usual when he took out his phone to swipe through it and saw another emoji sent to him by Lu Xun.

It is a chubby white duck with hot tears in its eyes drawing circles on the ground with its wings, with the words [I know you are busy, don't forget to pay attention to me duck when you are free].

Ye Yao laughed and poked the fat duck on the screen.

Even in their current situation, Lu Xun is still trying and persistent in sending him messages to keep in touch with them, which shows how much Lu Xun values this relationship.

And why should he not.

Ye Yao has slightly mixed emotions.

Now that he no longer has to cross the river on a tightrope, and has become friends with Lu Xun at arm's length, everything is, on the face of it, ideal.

But it's also because of the close relationship that once existed, and now that it's gone, Ye Yao, no matter how sensible he is, will be a bit down in the dumps.

It would be nice if there was an activity that would give him a break, like a weekend hike or something. He should be able to get used to it after a little more time.

Ye Yao was staring at his phone screen when he saw another message from Lu Xun: [Actually, I didn't stay up last night because I was watching the football game ......]

Ye Yao has just finished reading this sentence, and in no more than two seconds Lu Xun has somehow withdrawn it.

A little later, Lu Xun sent another emoji: [Go for it today too!

After another moment, Ye Yao slowly typed: [Well, go for it.

Ye Yao: [What did you withdraw earlier?

Lu Xun's message came back quickly: [Nothing, I accidentally clicked on the wrong one and sent you a giant ugly emoji.