Chapter 24 - Best Friends

Lu Xun was returning from the toilet when he heard the intro of a song right outside the door.

This is a big over hit song about the humble love of being a crush from the crush's point of view. The tune is slightly melancholic and completely out of keeping with the theme of their happy birthday party.

He'll have to find an excuse to cut the song.

With this in mind, Lu Xun pushes the door open and enters.

The slender figure sat alone on a high swivel chair at the front of the booth, glancing up at him when he entered, his eyes unclear in the dim light.

It's Ye Yao singing this song.

Before Lu Xun could make any reaction, he was pulled onto the sofa by the others.

"Brother Lu, come and sit with us and listen to Ye Yao sing." Da Hei said, "Remember to support Ye Yao!"

Ye Yao turned sideways to them to read the lyrics on the screen, his slightly relaxed back still straight.

Ye Yao's voice is not that of a cheerful teenager, his tone is cold and he sings this humble crush song with a touch of lyrical sadness.

The orange light flashed across Ye Yao's neck, illuminating the tiny bulge in the long, slender neck, a male knot in the throat.

"I never dared to hope, for a response from you."

Ye Yao's lips curved slightly in a smile that was most often seen on his face.

"Jing Jing Look at the back of you and her, and the smile on your face will be perfect."

Ye Yao tilted his head towards Lu Xun, who was among the others, his lips still wearing Lu Xun's most familiar smile.

"It's all out of sight and I'm careful to hide it."

As Ye Yao sang on, Lu Xun's heart slowly sank.

Lu Xun is uncomfortable.

Rationally he knew Ye Yao was just getting into singing, but emotionally, he couldn't take it.

This song is not suitable for Ye Yao.

How can Ye Yao be so humble?

Ye Yao How can one be so fond of someone and even suffer so much for that person? It can't be, it can't.

Lu Xun stands up and walks over to the song selection and cutting machine. The music is just in the middle of the backing track and Ye Yao doesn't have to sing, so Lu Xun takes the opportunity to open up.

"Why did you suddenly think of singing this song? There are a lot of songs in the queue, the later ones might not get a turn, and this one is halfway through anyway, so I'll cut it?"

Ye Yao smiles and shakes his head.

Lu Xun pursed his lips, and although he was not happy about it, he listened to Ye Yao and did not move.

It was time to start singing again and Ye Yao took the microphone, this time instead of singing, he spoke.

Ye Yao spoke in a soft voice, but through the amplification of the microphone, it still reached Lu Xun's ears clearly: "Lu Xun, there are a few words I've been wanting to say to you."

Lu Xun froze, not knowing what Ye Yao was going to say, but subconsciously feeling nervous.

The light that ricocheted through the booth was as panicked as his rattling heartbeat.

"I've known you for so long ...... and been your friend for so long, and you've always been very nice to me." Ye Yao slowly recounted what was buried in his heart, and he suddenly smiled to himself, "You shouldn't have been so nice to me."