Chapter 49 - The Ring

The two cups of milk tea gently collide and the little person on top makes out against the face.

"Kisses." Ye Yao said.

Lu Xun's throat rolled a few times and his heart felt like it was being gently muffled. He wanted to bury his head in Ye Yao's body and inhale his scent until he was satisfied.

Lu Xun could not do this in public, so he held out his hand to Ye Yao. He watched as Ye Yao placed his hand in his and then held him.

"Lead all the way back to the hostel?" Lu Xun said testily.

"Yeah." Ye Yao responded, "Lead all the way back to the hostel."

It was not too late and there were quite a few people on the way. Ye Yao lets Lu Xun hold his hand, taking a sip of milk tea every now and then.

It was easy to see that he was making Lu Xun happy by doing this, and Lu Xun's lips stayed curled and his voice was relaxed as he talked to him.

The other side of Lu Xun, which he did not know before, is now faintly visible.

A few girls came face to face with them and their expressions changed when they saw the hands they were holding, their eyes rounded slightly despite trying to control them.

The girls brushed past them and after a few steps Ye Yao heard them start to hold back their discussion.

"Oh my God, I'm not mistaken, they're holding hands! It's really happening!" "Friends ...... can hold hands too, right?" "What? There was a photo of them holding hands a long time ago, when they were sure they were straight.

Ye Yao looked at Lu Xun's face and saw him frowning.

"They misunderstood." Ye Yao said, "Actually, normally, seeing two males of the same age holding hands is basically enough to confirm a relationship, but you used to do this every day as a straight man, making people afraid to believe it."

Lu Xun sighed: "Why didn't I bend earlier? I've been bent since high school, since I met you, so I'll see who dares to say I'm straight."

Ye Yao thought about it, but could not imagine Lu Xun, who could bend automatically without his trigger.

"Ye Yao," Lu Xun shook Ye Yao's hand, "I have an unpleasant request to make, I don't know if I should say it."

Ye Yao takes a sip of his milk tea: "Since even Brother Lu doesn't know if it's appropriate to talk about it, I won't."

"I suddenly feel the need to say it again." Lu Xun quickly changed his tune as he glanced at Ye Yao and tentatively circled the base of Ye Yao's ring finger, rubbing it gently.

"Does it feel like something's missing here?" Lu Xun sighed in a pretentious manner, "Something's missing? Oops, I'm missing something too, what a coincidence. With this, I probably won't be called a friend anymore, but that's awesome."

Ye Yao looks at Lu Xun quietly and sees the expectant light in his eyes.

"I only have three classes tomorrow afternoon." Ye Yao said softly, "Let's go shopping together tomorrow."

*

Lu Xun was too happy to sleep the night before when he went ring shopping with Ye Yao, and planned to spend the night checking out which shops had the best rings.

Although it is only a ring to identify the couple, not a wedding ring or an engagement ring, each of his and Ye Yao's rings is to be treasured.

Lu Xun's plan to stay up late lasted less than half an hour. After lights out, he didn't want the light to disturb Ye Yao and buried himself under the covers, but it wasn't long before the covers were lifted off him.