Chapter 70 - First contact

Lu Xun didn't think he would actually get sick either.

But the temperature difference between day and night, combined with the fact that he had been studying hard for several days and had accidentally fallen asleep after half a day's study, made him gloriously ill after not having been ill for several years.

Lu Xun found out he was unwell in the middle of the night, the first time he had ever woken up with a headache, a headache that made even the air he breathed hot.

The room was dark at night, so Lu Xun sat up and turned on the light, went to the living room and poured himself a glass of water.

The thirst in my throat was not relieved by the warm glass of water.

Lu Xun rarely gets sick with a fever, and the last time he did was in junior high school. That time was not as bad as this one, and he did not tell anyone that he had recovered from it after taking his own medicine.

In a trance, Lu Xun reminisces about the past.

The last time he had a cold or fever that was so bad was when he was a child living at his grandfather's house.

He wanted to be accompanied by his grandparents, but he was lectured by his grandfather with a sullen face, saying that a real man should not be so petulant. He said that a real man shouldn't be so petulant, not to mention a small illness or a fever, but even if he was bleeding and sweating, he should carry it in silence without changing his face.

He wants to be taken care of and kept company when he has a minor illness, which is simply spoilt and unmanly, and people will laugh at him when they find out.

That time too, he took his own medicine and then lay silently until he recovered.

Lu Xun pinched his brow and went back to his room to pick up his phone.

He had not bought any fever medication before, and had to get a delivery service to buy some fever medication for him.

Lu Xun was stunned when he opened the takeaway app and found the buy medicine function.

He had only ever used takeaway apps to buy food during the day here before, and had no idea that this small city didn't have a pharmacy open twenty-four hours a day!

...... What to do then?

Lu Xun felt his head ache even more as the cool phone was warmed by the hot palm of his hand.

Fingers swiping irritably across the screen of his phone, the takeaway app flips up to reveal programs that are not closed in the background, and Lu Xun sees the address book.

His finger taps in faster than his consciousness and Lu Xun sees the name he has placed at the top.

Two simple words, but the connection to that person can easily give a reliable and reassuring strength.

Lu Xun glances at the time in the top right-hand corner of his phone.

3.12am.

It is the late hours of the night when the vast majority of people are asleep, not to mention the good students who follow the rules.

Lu Xun crossed out the background program, went to get another glass of water and lay down in bed under the covers.

Although he had saved Ye Yao's number as his first contact, he didn't really think he would need to call Ye Yao if he got into trouble. It was just that he didn't have any other important friends' numbers to save here, so he thought it would be convenient to set Ye Yao as his first contact so that he could call Ye Yao to go play basketball or eat with him when he was free.