Chapter 78 - Two in one

Senior year has officially started and everyone has been thrown into a fast-paced academic life.

Ye Yao studied at his usual pace and did not find senior year very stressful. He was more concerned about Lu Xun's results than his own whenever he had an exam in class.

Lu Xun is very hardworking and his academic performance is steadily improving, the air of laziness that was present when we first met has disappeared.

Sometimes when Ye Yao saw that Lu Xun was working too hard and asked him if he wanted to take a break, Lu Xun would shake his head and refuse.

"That won't do, why rest much while you're alive, when you're bound to sleep long after you die." Lu Xun's expression was deep, "After all, we have to go to the same university, I can't waste my rest ...... Do you understand?"

"I get it, I know what you're trying to say." Ye Yao, knowing Lu Xun's flirtatious nature, took the lead and raised his own glass of water, clinking it against Lu Xun's with his own and smiling, "To our friendship."

Lu Xun :"......"

Lu Xun looks a little strange as he takes a deep look at Ye Yao and follows him as he drains his glass of water.

* The school day continues.

The day after school Ye Yao was called by his teacher to help out in the office, while Lu Xun stayed in the classroom waiting for him.

The deputy class leaders were also in the office helping to sort things out, and they were quick enough to finish what they had expected to take half an hour to do in less than 20 minutes, so they all went back to the classroom from the office.

The deputy class president and Ye Yao were close, and while walking, he chatted with Ye Yao: "Are you and Lu Xun really not planning to fall in love? It's a pity that you don't have a relationship in high school, it's really a different feeling when you go to university than in high school."

The deputy head of the class squeezed his eyes at Ye Yao, "I don't want to talk about the girls in our class, but I know of several girls in other classes who like you and Lu Xun, they are very good looking.

"It's too irresponsible to go ahead with a relationship without even planning to have one." Ye Yao shook his head, "I am not thinking about that for now, as for Lu Xun ......"

I don't think Lu Xun did either, after all, he lived and ate with him every day and hated to eat and shit with him, so he didn't look like he was in love either, and Lu Xun never mentioned any girl to him.

Ye Yao and the deputy head of the class walked quickly to the door of their class. The corridor was quiet after twenty minutes or so of school, as were the individual classrooms, and they heard the sound of talking coming from their own class.

It was not an unusual chat, it was a girl, confessing her love to Lu Xun.

Ye Yao and the deputy head of the class looked at each other and uncharacteristically stopped in their tracks, not to disturb those inside.

Lu Xun was relentless in her rejection, and the girl who confessed seemed to have gathered all her courage to come forward, with a slight catch in her voice after being rejected.

"Can I know what's wrong with me?" The girl asked.

"It's not that you have a problem," Lu Xun didn't treat girl confessions as badly as he treated boy confessions, Ye Yao heard Lu Xun open his mouth, "I'm trying to figure out how to chase my date, there's no way I'll accept anyone else. Do you have anything else, I'm going to read a book if there's nothing else."

Lu Xun's tone is as straightforward as ever, but what comes out is surprising.

Ye Yao's eyes widened slightly in surprise and shock.