Chapter 68 - Many more decades

Ye Yao finds that his new friend Lu Xun is very repulsed by homosexuality/admiration.

To put it simply, he is homophobic.

The reason he found out about it was simple: he saw a boy confess his love for Lu Xun.

At that time, Ye Yao packed his school bag and went to work in a milk tea shop. His new desk mate and new best friend Lu Xun was carrying a backpack on one shoulder, with his hands in his pockets, and expressionlessly said that he was bored and wanted to go with him.

Lu Xun's family and former friends are not here, and no one cares where he goes after school.

"Whatever." Ye Yao didn't care about being seen by someone she knew at work, "You remember to get your homework for today."

Lu Xun frowned: "What is homework, I never write this stuff."

"Oh, okay." Ye Yao continued to pack her bag, with a hint of regret in her voice, "I didn't have much time to do my homework and wanted to borrow yours to copy it so I could sleep earlier at night, but if you don't do it then I can't do anything about it."

Ye Yao sighed, zipped up her school bag and picked it up, "Let's go."

Lu Xun's frown tightened and he looked at Ye Yao for a moment, bending down impatiently to take his workbooks and books out of the drawer and stuff them into his bag.

The corners of Ye Yao's lips curled invisibly as she watched Lu Xun reshuffle his backpack over his shoulder.

"Class Leader Ye asked me to copy my homework and I remembered it." Lu Xun said.

Ye Yao smiled, "I'll let you copy it back next time."

The young master grunted, reluctantly agreed to the exchange, and walked out of the classroom with Ye Yao.

Ye Yao did not tell Lu Xun that his family was in a special situation and that he had always done well enough in his studies that the teachers in all subjects turned a blind eye to whether he would hand in his homework, except that he would finish it on time.

In fact, the time it takes to copy Lu Xun's work is not much different from the time it would take him to do it himself.

This may seem like a superfluous act, but Ye Yao felt it was worth it to get Lu Xun started on his homework.

Lu Xun came to school here alone, halfway across the country, without parents or friends by his side, and he helped out as much as he could.

They had to go to the bicycle parking area and had to walk around half of the basketball court after leaving the school building. Ye Yao and Lu Xun were halfway across the court when they suddenly saw a basketball flying towards them out of the corner of their eyes.

Lu Xun stands on the outside and raises his hand to intercept the flying basketball with precision.

Ye Yao noticed that the people in the basketball court were still playing basketball in a feverish manner, and wondered who was playing by himself shooting the ball on the side of the court and accidentally knocking it out.

Ye Yao was thinking this when he saw a boy running towards them.

The man is a good-looking man, considered white and with a sunny smile.

"Sorry, I couldn't control the ball when I was shooting, luckily you guys are okay." The boy spoke as he ran over, his eyes on Lu Xun, "You're a good player, let's make friends?"

Lu Xun threw the ball back before the boy could get to it.

Lu Xun's face was expressionless, he didn't want to talk much and turned his head the other way to look at Ye Yao: "Let's go."