So strange...

Kai's room was mostly bare. But he didn't mind. A few toys were lying about Hades bought for him to keep him busy, but he only played with the Rubix Cube Manticore bought for him. And the colored pencils and paper.

He was set back down on the bed, a Tatami Mattress. It was comfortable and kept the pain off his limbs and back. He only had three scars there but they were all large and extremely painful. That's why he gasped when the strange man grabbed him, it hurt.

'All right,' Sensei said, as he locked the chain around Kai's wrist. It was plenty long enough to roam around the room, but it froze in place if he ever tried to leave. He wasn't sure whose quirk that was. 'There you go, you know the drill, call me or Manticore if you need anything, got it?'

'Okay...' Kai mumbled, and Poltergeist left. Again. Kai didn't really like him, but he was nicer to him than father so he couldn't hate him. He'd feel guilty if he hated him. He laid on his side and covered his ears with the pillow he'd been given. 'So strange...'

He was told not to mention them, but since his father couldn't read his mind from this far away, and he hadn't heard his footsteps, he felt that he could at least think about it. And besides. He was just thinking about them, he wasn't saying anything out loud. 'My whole life, for as long as I can remember... No one's ever reached out to me like that...' He thought back to the sub-zero temperatures of Sensei's skin and started crying. 'He was so warm...'

He curled up and covered himself with the jacket Manticore brought him. A green bomber jacket with purple fur. She said it was a family heirloom, in his family, not hers. His mother was the last generation to have it, and now it was Kai's. He wouldn't be able to fit in it until he was at least sixteen but he still liked it. 'And his eyes...' His eyes were silver, just like his fathers, but still... 'They were so kind...'

Manticore wouldn't be home for another thirty minutes, so he wasn't sure why Sensei said to call her if he needed anything. He liked Manticore, she's much nicer than his last caretaker, Hades.

Hades only bought him toys to try and make Kai like him. Kai never liked him though. But he still would feel guilty if he said he hated Hades. He was always rough with him, grabbed him by the ear and yanked him around the room, threatened to kill him when he messed up, and always whispered whenever Terugo was around 'Smile or I'll be killed next time ya brat.' But Kai never smiled. He couldn't. He didn't know how. He forgot.

'I wanna go back to Sobo...' He muttered.