Wait what

*I don't know shit about what Japan's history courses are like so I just made something up and am going off that okay
*The rest of their conversation is all true, it was just that one line

Fun Fact: Nyx and Poltergeist don't like each other very much, no one knows why they just hate each other

~

There was a knock on the door. 'Mm!' Kai yelped and his behind Hari.

Hari smiled and held his hand, 'Relax it's just the teacher.' He said as Anusuki-Sensei came in. Even though he tried to reassure him, he couldn't help thinking, 'Why is he trembling like that?'

Kai squeezed Hari's shoulders. 'It's fine?'

'Mhm.' Hari smiled at him.

'Is he okay?' Anusuki-Sensei asked.

'Maybe, things are... Rough at home.' Hari sighed. 'He's been homeschooled his whole life so I don't think he's used to this.'

'Oh, well I'm Sanaka Anusuki, I'm glad that you're here and I hope you feel more comfortable soon.'

Kai nodded, but he only hid further.

'Is there a reason he's hiding from me?'

'Things are... Seriously rough at home.'

Anusuki raised an eyebrow, 'Ah, I see. Just come to class you four.' And with that, he left.

'Hey, are you okay man?' Sakaki asked.

'My father... Usually, when people knock before coming in, I did something and I'm brought to see him.'

'That's not so bad.' Nemoto tried, he was hoping to help Kai, but he wasn't at all expecting what came next.

'Father usually cut me open and drank my blood for three minutes and then sent me to the hole.'

'The fricken what?' Sakaki asked.

'Well, I already live in the underground of the base. There are a few more floors down and then you get to the bottom. Father calls it 'The Hole' because the only way to get down there is to climb down a 30-foot ladder into a hollow sphere with no light and no one else down there.'

The three stared in shock, 'Damn my parents are just alcoholics and fight a lot.'

'My mom is lazy and I thought that was bad.' Nemoto whispered.

'I already live in a basement but at least I'm allowed upstairs to eat and crap.'

'Let's just get to class and we can talk more at lunch okay?' Nemoto clapped his hands together, praying to the Gods Kai at least had someone at home.

~

Kai never got a schedule, so he was just following Hari around all day. The teachers weren't paid enough to care, and he was quiet and polite so they didn't mind.

'Right then, and today we will be continuing our lesson on *World War III.' The teacher said in a monotone uninterested voice.

'There was a World War I and II?' Kai whispered to Hari.

*'Yeah, Japan fought in World Was I. We lost miserably and now we can't have a military force. But we are allowed to have Self Defense Units.'

'Did we surrender or did we just get beat?'

'Surrendered. The Americans bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They bombed Nagasaki and then said, 'Surrender or we'll do it again!' we didn't surrender they did it again but to Hiroshima, and we backed down.'

'Oh... Is the whole world this violent?'

'Very much so yes.'