Make a Choice

*Dream in French

Kai was brought back downstairs, it was that time again. He didn't want to. He didn't want to go do that again. It hurt, it always hurt so bad. 'I don't wanna.' Kai sobbed, gripping Poltergeist's jacket.

Poltergeist in turn sighed, 'Look kid, neither you nor I have a say in the matter. I know you don't want to do this anymore than you do. Okay?'

'Can... Can we at least limit the time? At least until father comes home? Please?'

Poltergeist stared at him, Kai was crying, he didn't want to go down there. This had to be one of the first times he was allowed upstairs. He wasn't used to such neutral temperatures or anything up here he wasn't allowed to have downstairs. 'Fine. Five minutes, okay?'

Kai nodded, anything was better than ten minutes. 'I'm okay with that.'

Poltergeist smiled, Kai seemed to be more relaxed now. He wanted Kai to feel relaxed, Kai... Kai reminded him of his past. Although he couldn't remember his past. He was a Yakuza with no memory whatsoever of his past. But hey, if Kai helped remember anything, anything at all, he was okay with that.

He'd never admit this out loud, but he was happy to be assigned as one of Kai's caretakers.

~

'Eri Haiburrido huh? I hear she worked with Nighteye, what made her switch.' Endeavor mumbled.

'I think she left to protect Kai, that's what she said anyway. She said she had dated his Mother for a little bit and it was Izumi's last request to her was to protect Kai.'

'She hasn't been doing a very good job in that case.' Phantom Arrow muttered, thinking of the bandages around his arms and legs.

'I'm sure she's trying, love.' Cipher sighed.

'I know! I just... I can't help but-'

'Worry, I know. And that's what I love about you, you worry about everyone and everything. You care so much about everyone, and that's what's gonna make you a great hero.' Cipher smiled, rubbing his shoulders, trying to help calm her boyfriend down.

Phantom took her hand in his, smiling. 'Thanks, *Rêver.'

Endeavor smiled at the two, Yusei always did her best to help and comfort Shinjuku. 'As much as you two make me smile, you two have to make a choice.'

'Make a choice, Sir?' Phantom Arrow asked.

'If Kai is suffering at the hands of this man, then he'll be extremely, extremely hard to save. Terugo is a very dangerous villain, he is a sociopathic murderer. And thanks to the contacts you made for Takahashi, we now also know that he has not a care in the world if he has to break someone to get his way.' Endeavor said.

Phantom Arrow, Cipher, and Burnin all three flinched, they looked uncomfortable, and suddenly scared.

Endeavor sighed, he never wanted to make someone feel afraid. He wanted to make people feel safe. He despised using lethal force, but in this fight, he may have to. 'Tell me right now, do you want a part in this fight to save this child?'