Well... Guess it's time

Fun Fact: A few months after they joined Hari and Kai came out to Pops and told him they were dating and his only response was, 'Wait do that again I forgot to act surprised.'

~

'You needed us Pops?' Kai asked. He still hasn't smiled-smiled, at least not since he joined. If that counts I mean it was barely noticeable.

'Yes, now Kai, I want you to know that if I didn't trust you I wouldn't be doing this with you. So know that I do trust you with her.'

Welp! If Kai wasn't nervous already he was now!

Hari smiled, noticing Kai's distress. 'Relax, it'll be okay, but I do wonder why you asked us here.'

Pops smiled and opened the door, 'You two remember my daughter? Well, that girl is her child. She didn't give me a name, so you two get to name her. She said the girl was cursed, that her husband died, and that she was to blame. I'm sure you two know her already.' He breathed.

In the room, there was a girl in a tan dress, with short pale blue hair, red eyes, and a small horn on her forehead. This was it, this was the moment, that was Eri in the room.

Kai sucked in a breath. Oh god, he felt nauseous. He was regretting his decision to join the Hassaikai. Oh lord, he was dizzy.

'Kai!' Hari called, finally getting his lover's attention 'Hey, it's okay. It's okay. She'll be okay, whether she's with us or the heroes, she will be okay. I promise. It's okay.'

He hugged Kai, holding him close. He tried to slow down his heart rate, Kai's heart was racing fast enough already he didn't need to know that Hari was freaking out too. 'It's okay.' He whispered, 'It's okay.'

'Kai, again, I might not even introduce you to her if I didn't trust you. I trust you, Kai, I believe you care for her, and I believe you love her. Just try for me, please?' Pops had closed the door so Eri wouldn't have to hear.

Kai nodded, taking deep breaths, 'Okay... Okay...' He breathed slowly, trying to calm himself down. A technique he used with his quirk when he lost control. 'Okay, I'm good I'm calm. Okay.' He exhaled.

Hari smiled, 'Good, c'mon. Let's meet her.'

Pops opened the door again and called out to the girl. 'I'd like you to meet your caretakers, good luck you two.' He nodded and left.

Hari closed the door, 'Hey. So Pops said that you didn't have a name, can we choose one for you or do you want to choose?'

'You can choose.'

'Wanna tell us your name?' Kai asked, getting on one knee to match her height, she was on a bed but she was also pretty small.

'No... Mama said it was a bad name.'

Kai felt bad, 'Does Eri sound good?'

Eri nodded, she liked that name.

'Well I'm Hari, and this is Kai.'

Eri repeated the names, 'Hari,' She pointed to Kurono, 'And Kai.' She pointed to Chisaki.

Kai nodded, 'That's right, good job.' He tried to sound calm, y'know not like he's freaking out.

Eri stared at him for a while, 'Are you sad?'

'Eh- No of course not!' Kai said, why would she think he was sad?

'You look sad, why do you look sad?'

Kai sighed, 'I've... Been through some things Eri. It's been years since I've smiled, like noticeably. I don't remember how to smile.'

'Oh...' Eri looked down. She then looked back up and smiled at him, 'Like that.' She did try to help, she was a little off... But she tried.

Kai ruffled her hair, 'Thanks for trying Eri, but that's not gonna help very much.'

Eri looked sad, she hugged his neck. 'I'm sorry.'

Kai sat down on her right, and Hari was on her left. Kai held her closer to him. 'I'll learn how to smile sometime Eri, I promise.'