Severed Agent

*Cerberus

'Hey... Kai.' Poltergeist sighed. He had a feeling he may regret this.

'Yes, Senpai?' Kai asked.

'You ever play Severed Agent?'

~

'What should my password be?' Kai asked.

Poltergeist shrugged, 'Doesn't matter, it's just gotta be something you can remember.'

Poltergeist didn't want them to use the same account, so he was having Kai make a new one. 'Okay.' He mumbled. Something he could remember... *He typed something in and looked to Poltergeist.

'Really? Okay then if you want. Now you gotta make a Username.'

'A username?' Kai asked.

'Basically, it's a Codename. It's what people will call you.' He explained how it was similar to choosing a Password and pointed to the letters telling him to type in what he would remember. He would need this to log in so he couldn't forget this either.

Kai didn't know what to put in. Almost every decision was usually made for him... 'Mm...'

'Can't think of one?'

'No...' Kai teared up and set the controller down, he hated disappointing Poltergeist, 'I-I'm sorry Senpai...'

'Heh- Uh Kai, it's okay. Don't worry.' Poltergeist tried. 'Relax, I'll just type a few names in, and you choose your favorite okay?' Poltergeist wiped his tears, 'It's okay.'

Kai looked up at him, 'O-Okay...'

Poltergeist smiled, and gently took the controller from him, not wanting Kai to think he was mad.

'Okay, is there anything in specific you really don't want in a username?'

'No bad words.' Kai answered simply.

'Alright, I can do that easily.' Poltergeist muttered, 'Anything else?'

Kai thought for a moment, 'No sexual implications.'

'Got it, that all?'

'Mhm.'

Poltergeist thought for a moment. 'How does Project26 sound?' He asked. Kai nodded. He could remember that easily.

Project 26 is what Kai was normally referred to at the base. He was Terugo's 26th Human project. Kai didn't know the other 24, but he did know Manticore was one.

Manticore... She had to suffer for so long. Because of him. She got hurt because of Overhaul. Father called it something else, but Poltergeist told him to call it Overhaul. Manticore had suffered so much because of him.

He felt a chilling hand on his shoulder. 'Relax.' He whispered, 'Don't worry. Manticore is okay now. She's not hurting anymore.'

'How did you-'

'You were muttering.' He smiled, 'Relax okay? I can guarantee she holds nothing against you, okay?'

Kai nodded and allowed himself to somewhat relax, 'Okay.'

Poltergeist smiled and handed him the controller back. 'Okay, Saki-San, this is going to be something you do yourself. You're going to design an Avatar.'

'An... Avatar?' Kai tilted his head. He had never heard of the word.

'Do you know what a character is?'

'Vaguely.'

'Okay... Well, it's how people are going to see you. Y'know? Does that make sense?'

Kai nodded, 'It's like a drawing?'

'I mean... Pretty much, good job.' Poltergeist smiled at him.

Kai made a few adjustments, he probably shouldn't make it look how he looks in real life... Purple hair, kinda tall, pale, and wearing a lot of dark clothes. 'Is this okay?'

'Yeah, that's great. So, you wanna try playing now?'

Kai hesitated, wouldn't this game scare him? Poltergeist was giving him the option... But, he kinda did wanna try. 'Okay.'