Hari doesn't know much about Quirks

*Dogeza is a traditional form of Japanese apology, the lower you bow the more sorry you are, in Dogeza you get on the floor and bow while apologizing

'Kai!' Hari exclaimed for the fifth time.

'Eh- Yes I'm so sorry!' Kai bowed, he had froze in his shock and zoned out.

'Y-You don't have to bow! Is that *Dogeza? Uh, you don't have to have to bow it's okay.' He smiled.

Kai sat up, he wiped away his tears. Hari reached out to help him but stopped when Kai flinched.

'Are you okay?' He asked.

'I... I thought you were going to hit me. Like Father does when I zone out. He always slaps me and tells me to pay attention. Even if I snap myself out of it before he notices if he has to go over anything, anything at all he slaps me because he hates repeating himself.'

Hari recoiled, zoning out isn't even his fault, 'Although when he zones out and I notice and snap him out of it he still gets mad and hits me. It's like no matter what I do he'll get mad and say it's my fault.' Hari gasped, was that why he was so apologetic? He didn't want to get hit...

Kai tried to wipe his tears but he couldn't stop them from coming. 'I'm sorry Kurono. It's all my fault that you have to be here. I'm so sorry.'

'Hey, I chose to be here willingly! It's not your fault at all!' Hari said, 'Stop blaming yourself for everything alright!'

'But... Poltergeist is mad at you now. What if he-'

'No, I'm not mad.'

'Ah! Senpai!' Kai stood up, bringing his hands to his chest. 'D-Did you change your mind? I'm sorry for not coming earlier I'll-'

Poltergeist patted his head, in turn causing Kai to let out a frightened squeak. 'I haven't changed my mind at all. I've just brought you two breakfast.'

'Oh...' Kai muttered. Poltergeist had made them pancakes. 'Normally you don't let me have food like this, you say it's unhealthy.'

'Eh, I'll give you a cheat day.'

'Hm.' Kai hummed, he wasn't used to Poltergeist acting like this. For four years now, Poltergeist had been cold and distant. He was cruel or anything, but he was pushy and still not very nice. 'Thank you, Senpai.'

Poltergeist smiled, 'Yeah sure. You know the drill, say my name if you need anything.' He waved.

Hari gasped as the door shut, he started shaking Kai, 'Hey hey! How'd he do that? He didn't even touch the door!'

'Oh, that's because of his Quirk.'

'What's that?'

'A quirk is like a superpower. 80% of the population has one.' Kai answered, that he thought that was common knowledge. It was the first thing Poltergeist taught him in history.

Kai's been homeschooled for his whole life, he's only been outside once that he can remember, and he had no access to the world. With all that being said he's a little scared that his Father was controlling everything he was learning. Meaning he could be learning complete lies.

Unfortunately, if they were lies he was feeding Kurono the same lies. 'Sorry if I'm lying. I have no idea if Poltergeist is telling the truth or not. I think he is though? I'm not entirely sure. I'm sorry.'

'It's okay Kai, I know you wouldn't lie if you knew it would be a lie.'

'Well, hey question.' Kai muttered.

'Oh yeah sure what's up.' Hari smiled.

'About the thing going on with my father please don't tell anyone I've only called the police once and Poltergeist killed them and the rest of the man in the station in under a minute! Please I don't want anyone else to die- Eh?'

Hari held Kai's hand, 'Hey here's an idea! I won't tell anyone you don't tell yourself and you can keep teaching me about these crazy quirk things okay? Sound good?'

Kai felt warm again, he never understood the emotion Hari seemed to be feeling. He forgot what it felt like, he couldn't smile to save his life. But was he feeling the emotion even if he couldn't portray it?

'Yeah, sure.'