Eri's Heroes

Fun Fact: Poltergeist always and only wears his yukata (When there's a need to wear one) crossed Right over Left, which is how you'd dress the dead (It's supposed to be Left over Right for the living, Right over Left is exclusively for the dead)

~

Kai looked up, light in his eyes for the first time since he realized he was hurting Eri, 'She got out?'

'That's a... good thing?' Hojo asked.

'Yes. No. Maybe. I need to go.' Kai said quickly, politely moving around Hojo. He tried to be as little like his father as humanly possible.

'Oh... 'Kay?' Hojo just kinda stood there while Kai left the office. Hojo, Setsuno, Tabe, Tengai, Rappa, and Katsukame were all still new. So they didn't know yet.

~

'Hari!'

'Yeah, what's up?'

'Today's the fucking day, let's go!' Kai cheered, putting on his plague mask over his typical black one.

'She got out?'

'Hell yeah!' Kai laughed and untied his jacket from his waist and put it on.

Hari smiled, he liked seeing Kai get excited. He always acted like a little kid. I guess that's because when actually was a little kid he didn't really have the chance to act like a little kid.

'I'll be right back okay?' Kai said, there was an undeniable joy in his eyes. But Deku and Lemillion would notice and know something is up. Which could put them in danger if Father found out.

Meaning he had to compose himself. He took a couple of deep breaths, which made him sound like Darth Vader due to the mask. Once he calmed down, he left.

~

'You goin' to grab her?'

'Leave me alone Hephaestus.'

'You're hesitating.' He said disdainfully.

'Aren't you supposed to be in prison?'

'Shut up and just go grab the girl.' He hissed.

Kai didn't move, just looked at him with his eyes only. 'And if I- Ugh fine.' He sighed and started walking after Eri again.

'Woah, you took a tumble!'

Eri gasped and flinched away from Deku's hand. Kai hated to see her so scared. 'Eri...' His remorse was overwhelming.

He sighed, 'You should be more careful. Don't want to cause trouble for the heroes.' Deku looked up with an, 'it can't be' look on his face. Eri looked up at him with fear, making his heart hurt. 'Let's go home, Eri.'

'Wow! Looks like that darn mask came off again! You should think about having that resized my friend!' Lemillion then looked over to Kai, 'Sorry about that it's our fault too y'know!'

Kai nodded, 'They probably don't want me to get suspicious... Poor saps have no idea what's coming to them.' He closed his eyes, at least trying to look happy. 'Oh it's fine, Eri's been running around and bumping into things a lot lately. Worries me sick!'

Deku looked serious.

'Good, c'mon take the bait!' Kai thought, 'I don't believe I've seen you two in the area before. What agency do you identify with?'

Lemillion shook his head and his hands, 'Oh we're still only students, way too lowly to be assuming residency with an agency. We're just using our internships to gain some experience.'

Kai twitched, he knew very well they were in their work studies. He didn't like liars, but he couldn't really talk, could he? 'I see, well I'm sorry for any trouble my daughter has caused.'

'Like we said it's fine. Anyway, we need to finish patrolling the pavilion by lunch! C'mon Deku!'

'Eri... C'mon, please.'

'Please...' She whispered. 'Please don't go.'

'Yes!'

'Uh... I'm sorry sir, but your daughter seems scared.' Deku smiled nervously.

'A reaction to being scolded.' Kai squinted.

He was in the theater program growing up so he could spend some more time with Hari. Thanks to his voice, and general demeanor he got cast as the villain a lot. So he's gotten pretty good at playing that role.

'Yeah but... These bandages, are they just from playing rough?'

Kai smiled (Not that they could see but actors gotta act y'know) and shrugged, 'Well Eri is an exceptionally clumsy girl!' He let out an artificial chuckle.

Well, he tried to make it sound genuine, he hasn't laughed in a while.

Deku put one hand on the back of Eri's head, and the other on her back. 'Does that seem normal to you?'

Kai flinched, 'Calm down, you're Overhaul, not Kai Chisaki, you are a villain.' He let anger fill his eyes, 'It's dangerous to assume what's normal for other people.'

Mirio laughed, 'Everyone's different!'

'I'm sorry Lemillion. But I'm not leaving. Tell me, what are you doing to this girl?'

~

Okay, I was planning on ending the story here because y'all should know what happens next. But if you want me to finish it and like, go up to the point where the first book starts I will. Would you guys like that or, just let me know.