Pro Hero: Sandman

*A Japanese knife that was originally used for farmwork before they started them as weapons. Only certain types are used as throwing types. Typically associated with Ninjas

Fun Fact: Poltergeist isn't very good with children, but he's trying to do better for Kai

~

It was midnight, Kai had gotten the exchange diary from Hari but he couldn't read what he wrote yet. He had... Stuff to do. 'Do you understand?' Poltergeist asked, holding out a pill.

'Yeah, I get it.' Kai muttered, taking the pill from Poltergeist.

'Good now remember, back of your tongue then swallow. Okay? Here's some water.'

The pill numbed Kai's emotions, it stopped him from feeling feelings. It made it much easier for Kai to kill people they learned. He had to kill someone before and he cried so much his quirk activated on himself. He destroyed part of his arm, but Chronos managed to rewind him.

So Poltergeist (With the help of Hestia who can control emotions) made a pill to numb Kai's emotions. He had to kill people, he didn't have a choice. In his mind, the least they could do was make it easier on him.

Kai put the pill on the back of his tongue, and the casing around the pellets dissolved almost instantly. It was disgusting, but... Kai didn't care. 'Mm.'

Poltergeist was surprised, they worked instantly? The pills were... Slightly experimental. He had tested them! Obviously. He wasn't just gonna give Kai an untested pill. He's not an idiot. But when he tested them on Cupid and Eros it took two minutes to take effect.

Their quirk did have to do with their emotions, more specifically with their lust. Maybe that had something to do with it? He should've used more test subjects, but if these pills killed people Cupid and Eros are the only ones that he's okay with dying. At least of the people who he could give it to and they'd try it with no question.

Kai looked up at him with emotionless eyes. It hurt Poltergeist to see that. Of all the things in Kai's life that they didn't control, his emotions were the one thing he had some kind of power over. But this was for the best, Kai won't have to suffer through the kill like this. And it's only for thirty minutes or so.

'Unless that research is inaccurate as well, I really should've had more test subjects.'

Kai waited for Poltergeist to tell him to go. He was already instructed in advance to wait for his order. 'Kai,' Poltergeist said, 'Make it quick.'

Sandman was a good hero, he hated that he had to die, but Terugo was bored. Kai nodded and turned around. He jumped from the building they were standing on onto the Hero's balcony.

'Woah, hey there kid are you okay?' Sandman asked.

All Kai did was hum in response, 'Pro Hero: Sandman, Quirk: Sandblast. He has the power to shoot searing hot sand that can cut his opponents from his hands.' Kai nodded to silently say he was alright.

'Well, do you need me to call someone? Do you know your parents' numbers?'

'My Mother is dead.' He said, reaching for the *Kunai in his pocket.

'Oh, I am so sorry I had no idea, please for- Ah!' Kai was very good at throwing knives.

Kai squinted and ran at the hero. He grabbed the knife and used it to stay on his chest as he doubled back. Sandman yowled in pain as Kai pushed the knife in further, it took a few tugs but he managed to pull the knife back out. Kai remembered that he was supposed to make it quick. 'Oh, that's right I'm sorry.'

'This kid is apologizing? For what not killing me faster? His facial expressions never change, does he even feel things, or does he just not care?'

'I was supposed to make it quick on you.' He destroyed Sandman's arms. Not even flinching at the pain in his arm. Kai apologized again and destroyed his head. A quick and easy death.

Kai stood back up and bowed, muttering an apology. He then put the knife back in his pocket. He wondered why it took so long to get it out of his arm, until of course, he remembered how it was designed.

The narrow, saw-toothed blade went in easily but was a bitch to get out. Hephaestus was quite proud of this weapon. He described it in detail to Kai so he'd know how to use it. He said the coming out he'd need to pull pretty hard. It ripped and tore the muscles thanks to the saw teeth, painful and deadly, but it made it hard to remove from the body.

He found Poltergeist again and told him he was done.

Poltergeist looked him up and down, 'Yeah I could tell by uh, by all the blood.' Kai apologized, 'It's okay, it's not your fault. Your quirk can be kinda... Messy. Come on, let's get you home.'