I can be your Hero

*You have no off-hand, both hands are capable of the same things

'Wow...' Hari mumbled, 'That's a lot. No wonder you can't smile.'

Kai was crying. He was scared Hari would leave, just like Hades left. But no, Hari just hugged him. 'I'm sure you sugarcoated a lot, which I appreciate. So I don't know exactly what you're going through, but I wanna be here. I wanna help. Can I help?'

Kai pushed him away gently, it's not that he didn't like the attention, but he wanted to wipe away his tears. Hari beat him to it, he took out a small cloth and used it to wipe his face. 'I don't think you can.'

Hari pulled his hand back and smiled, 'No matter what you need, I'll be here for you. I'll visit anytime I can. Okay?' He put the cup down and grabbed the cup and held it to Kai's lips, 'Drink, it's Lavender right? Should calm you down.'

Kai took slow sips, the only person who had done this for him was Poltergeist when he was sick. He's only been sick once, and it was hell. Poltergeist's words, not his. He was sick for a week, but even though it made him feel really bad, it was the best week of his life.

They didn't cut him any because the infection could ruin the formula they used. Unfortunately, Terugo had already completed the bullet and was now just using Kai to make more. He didn't like it here, not one bit.

Though Manticore and Poltergeist made it a little bit better. 'There are these... I think Father calls them Heroes. I don't know their names.'

'Heroes huh?' Hari smiled, he wanted Kai to be able to vent without fear of being hurt for it. 'Sounds interesting, sorry you don't know their names. I'm sure that bothers you.'

'A little bit.' Kai admitted, 'I think the guy called the girl something but I don't remember what.'

'Well, that's okay. It's not your fault.' He helped Kai drink some more of the Lavender Tea before setting the cup down and scooting closer until the two boys were touching. 'Remember I've got your back, okay? I'm here for you.'

'Thank you.' Kai said, holding his hand. Since his quirk cane from his hands, and he was scared of his quirk, it was his way of silently saying her trusted you.

Hari picked the tea back up, helping Kai drink more. He was told about all the different mutations done on him. He felt so awful, Kai was the same age as him. He was just a kid he doesn't deserve this.

This is hell, this is a living hell. But he understood why Kai didn't leave. 'Of course.' He smiled. Hari was *ambidextrous, just like Kai, it was a rare thing Hari didn't see often. It was great that they had it in common.

Once Kai had finished the Tea, Hari laid him down, and held him close. 'Hey, if you want, I can be your hero.'

~

Manticore had just gotten home, it was midnight and she just wanted to go to bed. However, she had to check on Kai and make sure he was still there, and more importantly still asleep. 'Hey kid, are you- HUH?!'

Much to her surprise, there was another kid there. A kid with white hair, arrows at the end of each strand. 'Uh... Does Poltergeist-'

'Yeah, I know. Think I may as well let him stay until the boss gets back. I've already taken care of his mother.'

'You killed her?!'

'No! That's ridiculous,' He looked offended Manticore would even suggest that. 'I just found her and told her that Hari was staying the night. She didn't care, apparently, we can just keep him if we want. She doesn't like him very much.'

'So are we going to keep him?'

'Maybe for a little while, but he has two younger sisters, three and two, we gotta let him go back eventually.'

'Hm. Fair enough.'

Poltergeist shadowed back to his room, while Manticore took one last look. She noticed Kai wasn't chained. For once the window was closed. Interesting.

The two children were fast asleep. 'Hari' was holding Kai to his chest, almost in a comforting way. She saw tear streaks down Kai's face. She wondered what had happened.

Oh well, time for bed.