Speech? (Pt. 1)

Fun Fact: The only time Poltergeist has ever raised his voice at Kai was when he was 16. Because Kai had attempted to kill himself using his quirk, and he yelled at him because he wouldn't respond when he asked if he understood when he asked, 'What do you think would've happened if that whole fusion thing had failed?'

*Leader of the Todo Gang for those who don't remember

~

Kai handed the paper he wrote to *Ahkka. 'Is this good?'

'Chisaki is this your math homework are you asking me to check your schoolwork?'

'Oh crap, my bad no that's the wrong paper. Give that back I need to turn that in tomorrow.' Kai said, grabbing the other paper. He was in the Meeting Area, he usually did his homework there because it was quiet and he knew no one would bother him. Except for Hari who also did homework there.

Ahkka chuckled and traded papers with him, reading over what he wrote. 'This is quite a bit, how long do you have to memorize this?'

'Oh I already have, I memorize everything I write the moment I write it down. That's something Poltergeist-Senpai taught me.' Kai explained.

Hari smiled, it was the first time since he died Kai had been able to smile while talking about Poltergeist. 'They had ADHD so memorizing things that he wrote down was necessary.'

'I see. Well, Chisaki, I think that this is great. And you've already memorized it so that's even better.' Ahkka praised.

Kai smiled, 'Excellent! So this is something I should go with?'

'I do have one question Chisaki, if you don't mind.'

'Of course, go ahead.'

'How are you planning to number those who leave? It says in parentheses that you're planning to count those who break away?'

'Kurono, can I have the... The uh. The thing?'

'Yes sir.' Hari handed him the Tally Counter they were going to use to keep track.

It was a small, narrow white thing kinda in the shape of a thermometer. Not the kind you put under your tongue, the kind you'd hold to your forehead. It had a light blue button on the top, and a screen to count the number of times you pressed the button. There was another button on the bottom but red, it removed one from the tally.

Turning it off and on with the black button on the back resets it.

'Anytime someone raises their hand Hari will click the button. That way we know.'

'And if someone changes their mind?'

Kai clicked the blue button a few times until the screen read ten. He then clicked the red button. When he stopped it read five.

'I see. How do you plan to break the news about the Eri situation? I don't see it mentioned.'

'Turn to the back.'

'There's a- Oh my goodness you memorized all of this?'

'Yes.' The entire back page was explaining the situation, the plan, and the reason Kai doesn't want his father to... Y'know, die. Everything.

'Hm... I think this could work. But are you sure you're ready to stand in front of everyone and say all this?'

'I've already bought him a week, and from what I've seen these guys can get pretty impatient. I don't think I can buy him any more time.' Hari explained.

'I get that, Ka did say his gang could get pretty antsy.'

'So I should use this?'

'Yes, I think you should.'