Boss' orders

*A thing they use to measure your heart rate during surgery

Fun Fact: Poltergesit is Pansexual, Nonbinary (He/They), and Polyamorous

~

'I thought we were done.' Kai murmured, disappointed.

Hippogriff looked over. 'What's 'e goin' on abou'?'

'Sorry kid, but we gotta do one more.'

'What's 'e doin'?' She asked.

'We're giving him another mutation.'

'How many does he have?'

'Eight, this'll make nine.' Poltergeist said, 'Boss' orders.'

Hippogriff stood up, 'You bloody monstas use that damned excuse for everythin'! Like e's some kinda god!'

'It's not an excuse.'

'Then what is it!'

'It's a reason.'

Hippogriff stared at him, 'And what's the diff'rence?'

'Well, we wouldn't be doing this to a child if we didn't have to.' Poltergeist explained, holding Kai's hand. He was 12 now, too old to be carried around everywhere. 'So it's not to excuse our terrible behavior, unforgivable if you ask me. It's a reason for why we have to.'

Hippogriff frowned.

'Hey, 30,' Manticore asked, hanging onto the doorframe. 'How's your Japanese coming along?'

Hippogriff looked her up and down. 'Fine.'

'Cool, come with me.'

'No!'

Manticore grabbed her arm, 'You don't have a choice. Boss' orders.'

~

'Sedate him.' Poltergeist said.

Chronos squirted out a bit of the sedative to get out air bubbles. 'Yeah yeah, I got it.'

Poltergeist glared, 'This is serious. We could kill him if we fuck up even the slightest bit.'

Chronos rolled his eyes, 'And then I'll use my quirk to revive him it's all under control!'

'You say that but if he flat lines for even a second-'

'You'll kill me I know.'

Kai whimpered. He wanted to know at least... 'What are you mutating?'

'Your hands, force a longer time limit before your quirk overwhelms them and they start bleeding rather than wait for you to train,' Poltergeist took in a breath (Despite not needing to breathe) as he hooked him up to the *electrocardiogram. 'Because your father is an impatient child.'

'And your arms so they hurt more using your quirk on humans.' Chronos said nonchalantly.

'Don't act so casual about that! And we agreed not to tell him!'

'Why does he want it to hurt more?' Kai asked, trying his damnedest best to hold himself together.

'A punishment. Those heroes you ran into, Phantom Arrow and Cipher, they've been causing him a lot of problems.' Chronos twirled the syringe of translucent blue liquid in his fingers.

'Just sedate him will ya!'

'Fine fine, close your eyes 26.'

~

After being sedated Poltergeist did his hands while Chronos did his arms.

'I don't like this.' Poltergeist grumbled, taking extra time to make careful incisions in Kai's hands. He gagged at the sight of the muscle and bones.

'How are you still so squeamish. You tear people's heads right off their necks with no issue but cutting into a 12-year-old's hands is just too much for you?'

'I can fucking see the veins!'

~

Hippogriff screamed. She didn't have the luxury of being sedated like Kai, since her mutations required her to be awake.

'Calm down.'

'How the 'ell could I be ca-calm?!' She did her best not to stutter but slipped up on the last word.

'You can't but I have to say it, it's a rule.' Manticore said, carving deeper into the girl's back as her screams got louder. 'Aphrodite.'

'Oh aren't these wings beautiful?'

Manticore stared, she was calling bloody, muddy, gooey, disgusting wings they hacked off of the girl's brother beautiful? You could barely tell that they were supposed to be the wings of a Snow Owl. 'Oh yeah, her quirk makes it so she can't see anything as not beautiful.'

Present Mic Voice: D Rank Villain: Aphrodite, Real Name: Unknown, Quirk: Darling! Anyone who looks at her sees the more than perfect woman or man for them. She uses her enchanting effect to lure her victims away so she can kill them. She has a Death count of 600 but no one knows she's the culprit so she's pretty lowly ranked

'Just gimme the wings.' Manticore sighed. 'We can clean them off later.' She grabbed a syringe filled to the brim with Kai's blood and squeezed some out to eliminate air bubbles. 'Don't worry,' Aphrodite took careful time inserting the wings into Hippogriff's back. 'This'll only hurt a lot.'