'The Nice Man'

*She doesn't know what's happening to him

Okay, he has another opportunity. Just gotta... There! 'Hey!' Nyx yelled.

At least time Kai had shoes so it was much easier to run. However, with all good things come drawbacks. There were more people so he had to dodge and maneuver around them.

He was wearing his gloves so he was able to hit people away without fear of killing them. He didn't want to get Poltergeist and Manticore in trouble, but he was okay with getting Nyx in trouble so he usually ran away from her.

He was already out of breath, and Nyx can fly, so she had a severe advantage. '*Fucking... Ungrateful ass brat! Why did the boss take him in even?!'

'Ah!' Kai tripped on a solidified shadow and fell on his arms and knees. He struggled to get back up, breathing heavily and sobbing. He could barely open his eyes.

'Are you alright there?' Kai did his best to look up, his eyes were stinging. 'Oh, word, you look like you've been through it.' Ka took Kai's arm.

Nyx froze, it was night, so she could easily kill this guy. But Kai was already scared enough, and there were a lot of people around. If she killed him now not only could she potentially lose Kai she'd be arrested. 'My best bet would be to head back to the base. Get Poltergeist, the kid trusts him more than he trusts me.' She sighed and turned to head back home.

Kai looked behind him, she was leaving. She was really leaving. 'Hey,' The man said, getting Kai's attention again. 'Are you okay?'

Kai could barely move, 'Hurts...'

Ka stared at Kai, Poltergeist had told him he was tired and hungry when Kai spoke in one-worded sentences. 'Come on then, let's get you something to eat okay?'

~

They took a cab, Kai slept the whole way to the restaurant that Ka had picked out. Kai wanted to stay awake, he wanted to stay on guard. It's not like he knew the guy. But he was so tired.

Ka gently, very gently shook Kai awake. 'Hey, come on.'

Kai limped along with the man. His leg was noticeably bleeding from the fall. But he did his best to not draw attention, for all he knew he was being kidnapped. Wouldn't be the first time.

Kai was given a menu, there were an overwhelming amount of options. And where on earth was he going to get the money to pay for this?

'Don't worry about money, I can pay. Get whatever you want.'

Kai was surprised but nodded. He was scared of what might happen if he disobeyed or brought attention to them. Who was this guy anyway..?

The two made their orders. Kai got a bottle of water, bento, and cake. Something he hadn't heard of before. Once they got it Kai noticed everything was sealed. 'It's their thing, they want to make sure nothing gets on the food on the way over.'

Kai shifted, was he going to do this? He put the cake on the bento, grabbed the water, and bolted. Ka tried reaching out, but he just sighed and shook his head. 'Well, at least I tried. Waiter!'

~

'Who was that?' Kai asked himself, hanging his legs over *Tokyo Skytree. *A man, he looked very old. Gray hair, pale skin, a dark Yakuta, and light brown sandals with white socks. 'Why would he do this for me?' He asked.

Kai was currently being taken care of by three people. All who followed the Buddhist religion. He looked to the sky and thanked the gods that he was allowed to meet him.

All his life, he had never met someone so kind. Almost no one's ever looked at him like that. Especially if they had silver eyes. The only other person who cared like that was Kurono. And Poltergeist on occasion, though what used to be a rare sight was becoming more and more common lately.

Kai clapped his hands together twice and thanked the gods for the gifts and put the food on his lap.

When Kai ran away out of suspicion and fear all the man did when he looked back was smile and wave. He didn't get angry, he didn't ask for anything in return, he just smiled and waved. 'Whoever you are, thank you.'

'There you are.'

Kai gasped and looked back, 'S-Senpai!'

'You ran away again? Seriously? You could've gotten Nyx in a world of trouble.'

'Sorry.' Kai didn't like disappointing Poltergeist.

Poltergeist shook his head and sat down next to him. 'Finish your food, and then we're going home. Okay?'

'Okay.'