Your Guards

You slowly woke up hours later feeling both drained and achy. Not feeling Sukuna in the bed next to you, you pulled reached for the cover but it was gone.

Rubbing your eyes, you pulled yourself together and sat up a little to look around the room. He wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Ryomen?" You lightly called out for him but there wasn't any answer so you slowly moved to the edge of the bed and kept looking around while trying to get up.

You fell to the ground but managed to get to your knees. The scratches he left on you were now light and a little healed along with the bruises, but were mostly still there.

"What was that." A voice spoke from just outside the door

".....do...do you think she's awake?"

"If she is that doesn't matter. Our orders from that other curse is to stay out here and make sure no one goes in."

From what you could hear, there were two guards who seemed to be talking about you and Ryomen.

"Yeah yeah I know but. We've guarded her while he went out and did his job for the Emperor before. But back then we didn't know what we were guarding. We just thought it was his room ya' know."

"And?...what are you trying to say. Now that we know, we should invade the area and privacy?"

"No but. Now that we know it's his wife or mistress, if she's hurt and he comes back. It'll be our heads on the line."

"And we also know what conditions he left her in. You said you saw her in the doorway....and besides, we both saw what condition he himself was in before he came out dressed for battle." The guard looked at the tall door behind them then back at the other guard. "And I saw you trying to sneak a peak at her. Don't act like you weren't. Your lucky that curse's attention was all on the caption and he didn't notice you looking in."

"....ok....yes I'll admit I saw inside the room....but who's to say she didn't just now hurt herself."

"Well then she's awake and will probably tell on us for supposedly trying to sneak a peak at her. Just leave it alone." Guard 2 nodded at the other guard's statement and looked forward to just try and continue his job. Guard 1 sighed and looked forward as-well but for some reason couldn't help thinking about what G2 said over and over again.

"...well....Fine....." He mumbled under his breath. "is she ...hot?"

"What?" Guard 2 looked at him a bit confused.

"Well? Was she?"

"....yeah...in fact....I don't see how that curse left her like that. I only saw a little of her back and..... this might be treason but....... it felt like I fell in love for a second....like I needed to see more of her."

"You idiot...." He thought about it more and more but stoped himself. "it probably is treason. He's the emperor's guard dog after all.... and ontop of that, she's a curse of all things. If the guy is 3 times, she's got to be at the least 2 times our height. And I'm 6.1!"

".....so?" Guard 2 mumbled under his breath and turned his head to the side.

There was a brief pause between the two of them before they each heard you fall again but even harder and closer to them. They looked at each other then at the door.

"Alright...maybe you're right. We should check on her."

They both nodded and moved to open the door. Both of their hands were trembling as their minds raced in fear but curiosity.

"Just open it."

"No you open it."

"No!"

"Okay! I'll do it." He looked at the door and took a deep breath before touching the door handle. At the moment he layed his hand on it, the handle burned his hand setting it on fire.