searching

He waits patiently for a day but a day slowly turned to 3 days, and a 3 days turned to a week. So after you didn't come back he began to worry and took things into his own hands as his emotions began to unravel.

He sends people out to find you "hurt her, you die. Touch her, you die. All you do is send back word of where she is."

The knights complain to the Emperor but he allows Sukuna to do what he wants. Out of fear, the Emperor ignores the knights and lets Sukuna do what he wants.

22 months passed before the emperor spoke up about the search party happening at the same time as the war that they've now slowly began to loose because of the lack of men on the field.

Sukuna is summoned to the throne room as usual not expecting him to say what he'd said.

"This.... Search for your woman." Sukuna's ears pulled up at the mention of you. "We are loosing the men and power we need because of this... mission of yours." He was practically walking on egg shells trying his hardest to keep his language under control regarding you.

"This is important-"

"And the war?! Is that not important as-well?" To Sukuna's ears he was threatening your life. "It has been almost 2 years. And we are no closer to finding her than the day you started this whole thing."

"Are you saying..." his voice started to become filled with darkness making the emperor freeze in fear and slowly look at Sukuna. The amount of power he inflicted against him was enough to make someone bow instantly with no hesitation. But him having felt your cursed energy, Sukunas pressure only made him angry.

"YES! That BITCH OF YOURS HAS DONE FAR TOO MUCH. Just admit it to yourself. YOUR LITTLE WHORE IS DEAD AND NEVER COMING BACK." Is what he wanted to yell out.

"How could we spare the men, splitting them to search for your bitch while also intending to win this war!!" Looking at Sukuna and not seeing his face move an inch when mentioning the desisted the war has become, his anger boiled as his intrusive thoughts won.

"The men have been talking. And maybe I agree with them. That you should cut the crap about finding your little cock sucking bed whore after YOU scared her away in the first place and do your job! She's not coming back and you know this. You're the one who almost killed her. It's you who she's hiding from, and it'll be your fault if someone had already delt with that thing the way it should have been dealt with in the first place!"

Sukuna kept his cool when he called you out your name, but when he threatened your life, Sukuna got out his chair and in a blink of an eye, grabbed the emperor by his neck, picking him up with ease.

"My patience with you humans is smaller than an ant. I don't care the one you really fear is my wife. But you will learn to fear me aswell. Either you help me find her.... Or I leave your pathetic kingdom to die. We both know the reason why your not dead yet is because they fear me and me alone."

He dropped the Emperor and watched as he gasped for air while coughing harshly on the floor.

"She is the only reason I do not kill you. Keep that in mind." He turned and started to walk out of the throne room.

"Sure it-is." Sukuna stoped in his steps.

"My lord what are you-"
"That beast is going to die. And you know it. Your just bluffing on her behave because you know you can't kill me anyway-" not wasting any time, he grabbed the emperor by the neck and marched out the throne room with him in his grip.
No one dared to stop him and let him leave. No one saw how he did it, but when Sukuna came back, he pronounced himself as Emperor. Not one soul spoke against him and his knew power.

That day, everyone inside the temple knew who to praise but the people of the kingdom were still in the past believing the at the human was still on the throne. Sukuna rushed around using as many guards as he could get his hands on. It seemed like a life time passed as he searched.

The knights thought he was going Insane and honestly he might have been. No one was brave enough to stand up against him though, so they just followed his orders blindly.

Months to a year passed and Sukunas patients had clearly left along with you. He tried his best but was beating himself up about what to do in order to find you. It was all he ever talked about or even focused on.

He could barely sleep and when he would, he'd force himself awake to put himself back in focus again. One day someone came bursting into the thrown room where Sukuna and the new commandeer were talking over a map laid out on the table.

"Lord Sukuna!!" Hearing someone interrupt the search, the amount of energy coming off of him was enough to make anyone rethink any action no matter how important. But the knight swallowed the frog in his throat and yelled out. "This man knows where your Queen is." Those words were music to his ears. Instantly, the cursed energy dissipated as his shoulders relaxed and his eyes softened slowly. But he couldn't just relax like that. What if it was a lie, a trick.

Turning look at the knight and the man who was on his knees beside him, he walked over and looked down at him for him to speak.

The knight shoved the man to step forward but the man just looked at the ground. Sukuna's fist balled as his final spark of patience left him. It was an older fisherman, clearly in his late 70's and not from around here. If Ryomen would have treated him the way he treats the knights, he could have a heart attack.

"Speak"

When the man refused to speak, Sukuna quickly reached for him until the knight spoke up saving him from his grip.

"Some say about a year ago he was making things up about a giant woman curse who cried at night and kept people away from a peaceful creak area. Some say she stoped or it was just a lie he'd say for attention because he stopped mentioning it after a while. We looked into it, my Lord but he won't give us the rest of the pieces."

Sukuna stoped his reach listening to the knight.

"Tell me were she is." After he didn't say anything sukuna picked him up in his grip waisting the knights efforts.

"So you must be the young fellow she'd mentioned before.... I see what she spoke of. The  anger does quite come into play."

" what do you know. And how dare you speak to me in such ways!"

"She said you'd say something like that."

"....you've spoken to her..."

"Yes. Or well, my grand daughter has."

"Tell me where she is."

"Why should I... I've heard you did something pretty bad-"

"No no it wasn't like that-!" He hit the wall and shook his head. "It was an accident."

"An accident made her run off like that?"

"......look i just need to tell her I'm sorry. I need to apologize and bring her back home.... Just tell me where she is."
After listening and watching his behavior. The old man felt that for some reason he wasn't lieing. Maybe it was the shame he showed when hearing about what happened, or the gentle hold instead of a death grip he had on his body.

".....she's in the forest near a group of weeping willows 40 minutes out from my home town. It's a 4 day march from here.... If you really are her husband then you should be able to find her from there." As much as he wanted to punish the man for speaking to him with a smart mouth, He held his anger and put him down.

"My lord. I'll ready the knights.-" the commander stepped forward but was cut off by Sukuna raising a hand.

"No." He shook his head while looking down at the old man.

"I'll go alone"

1429 words
7/13/23

Published 9/1/23