Chapter 68: Changing Marriage

The days got colder as the autumn passed and winter approached in the blink of an eye. This year in the General residence, it can be considered to be exceptionally depressing. Shen Miao was confined in the Shen residence, Shen Qing was still bedridden and only Shen Yue headed to Guan Wen Tang every day. Even during the Mid-Autumn Festival, only Chen Rou Qiu brought Shen Yue along so naturally Shen Yue was the centre of attraction, but these things had nothing to do with Shen Miao.

However as time went by, Shen Qing's matter could not be dragged on. Ren Wan Yun let Physician Chen prescribe some pills and they relieved Shen Qing's morning sickness quite a bit. Even though others were unable to see any problems, if this were to continue to be dragged on, paper could not cover fire.

"This cannot go on like this." Ren Wan Yun frowned as she tampered her worries down, "Must find a way to let Qing-er out to avoid it." In order to avoid others from speaking, she planned to bring Shen Qing back after delivering the baby by saying she was affected by an unpleasant ailment. Once the limelight passed, perhaps the world would be at peace.

"But with Young Lady's health, she will inevitably suffer if she was sent out." Xiang Lan was somewhat worried, "Moreover, this to and fro would definitely take some time. Young Lady's youth would also be affected..."

Ren Wan Yun frowned. Yes. Shen Qing was of sixteen of age, in another year, she would be seventeen. In Ding capital, it would be just the right time for females to be married, but Shen Qing was an official's daughter and naturally would pick noble families. By waiting one more year, she was afraid that all the better nobilities would be picked by others.

"Yuan-er can only rush back after the end of the year but now Qing-er's body cannot be dragged on." A trace of hostility flashed on Ren Wan Yun's brow.

"Furen," Cai Ju who was standing at the side, who kept quiet all along, suddenly spoke, "This servant heard that Vice Minister of the Legislative Bureau's Wei Furen is recently close with Third Furen, and has intention to seek a marriage for Wei family's eldest son and have requested for Fifth Young Lady."

"Shen Miao!" Ren Wan Yun gritted her teeth, "She is really lucky!" The Vice Minister of the Legislative Bureau was a fourth ranking official. Even though it was considered to be overestimating one's capabilities aiming towards the daughter of a first ranking official like Shen Xin, the eldest son of the Wei family was a youth with superior talents and looks. To marry an idiotic female in the Ding capital, at least in the aspect of talents, he is worthy enough for Shen Miao. Moreover Wei Qing had already entered the official circle at a young age, and in the future would definitely be a successful youth, thus Shen Miao really hit the jackpot with this request of marriage.

"Heard that the Wei family is interested in clinging onto this residence." Cai Yu said, "So they bore the pain and used their son as an opportunity to build a good relationship with Shen residence." The meaning of Cai Ju's words were indicating that Shen Miao was an inferior person and not worthy of that Young Master Wei.

"Can considered it as her being lucky." Ren Wan Yun's expression was somewhat hideous. In these years, although Shen Xin's rank was high, there was practically no one who came over to the Shen residence to talk about marriage, and it was all because Shen Miao was too foolish and weak. With Shen Xin's achievements, Shen Miao's future husband would definitely be from high ranking families but in those families, it was impossible for them to accept such a matriarch who was a laughing stock in Ming Qi.

So even with Shen Xin's many meritorious service, nobody showed any interest in Shen Miao.

Now with the Wei family suddenly coming over to propose a marriage, even though Cai Ju mentioned about climbing up the ladder, if one were to think carefully, it was because of that day in the academy examinations, Shen Miao's performance was so refreshing and because of the change from that original stupid image, that made the Wei family to could not help but take action.