220-221

Chapter 220: Family Background

On the journey back, Shen Miao thought about Empress Xian De's words and her heart could not calm down for a long time.

Consort Jing was at a stage that 'mother and child was safe' and Empress Xian De did not have any wrongs because of the matter, thus everything looked like it had ended satisfactory but Shen Miao felt that something was not quite right. Upon returning back to the residence of Prince Rui, the skies was almost about to brighten and thus it was too late to sleep, moreover Shen Miao did not have any mood to rest.

When Jing Zhe and Gu Yi saw it, they instructed the small kitchens to make some sweet soup for the both of them. When Shen Miao and Xie Jing Xing returned to the room, the doors were locked and they sat in front of the table before Shen Miao looked at Xie Jing Xing, "Consort Jing is pregnant. What will the Lu family do?"

It was reasonable to say that Consort Jing' child was very precious since Emperor Yong Le did not have other children and if she was carrying a son then if there was no accidents, the future position of the Monarch would logically go to the child in Consort Jing's womb. Logically it would be like this but from Empress Xian De's words, this was not so, which made the matter somewhat thought provoking. Could it be that Emperor Yong Le still had other children otherwise how could it be so? The Lu family current had no fear due to Consort Jing but was Emperor Yong Le's plans for the Lu family this shallow?

Shen Miao did not feel that it was possible.

When Xie Jing Xing heard those words, he said plainly, "Imperial Older Brother has taken action against the Lu family. There is no difference if one survive or not."

Those words meant that the child in Consort Jing's womb was one matter and the Lu family's ending was another. At least Consort Jing would temporarily save her life with the child but the Lu family would fall according to plan.

Shen Miao frowned, "I spoke to Her Ladyship the Empress and felt somewhat strange. One heard that Her Ladyship the Empress had a miscarriage and it was caused by Consort Jing. Not mentioning if it was intentional or not, no matter how magnanimous Her Ladyship the Empress is, how could she watch Consort Jing living safely and well for so many years?"

Xie Jing Xing was pouring a cup of tea for her and his actions paused when he heard those words.

Shen Miao stared at him, "Tell me honestly why the Emperor do not have any children till now? Was it deliberate or without any choice?"

No matter how she thought, she felt that it was just too strange for Emperor Yong Le not to have any children. Every Emperor, be it if he was a wise Monarch or incapable ruler, would want to have more children. The more children there is, the more checks and balances there would be and the Imperial court would be more stable. Even Fu Xiu Yi did not have a shortage of children. Previous Shen Miao felt that it was strange that Emperor Yong Le was so outstanding in court and the commoners lived and work in peace, so how would the court be unstable now? She then understood when she knew about the reason of descendants. Just because of one point, which was that Emperor Yong Le did not have any children, the court would be rather vocal. Speaking of which, Emperor Yong Le was considered very capable. If it was any other Emperor, if they did not have son, one feared that they would long be gone and demoted to an ordinary person, much less keeping the power balance for years.

Xie Jing Xing looked back at Shen Miao after a long time and his gaze was somewhat strange, "You really want to know?"

"Ever since you were brought back unconscious from the Imperial Hunt, I felt that some things would change but at that time I just arrived in Long Ye and did not know much of the situation in Great Liang and thus was unable help in anything. Thus other than going to Feng Tou Zhuang to look for that person, one was unable to help in anything." Shen Miao said, "I do not like being passive. If there is a day that you have to do something big, I would find that I am useless. But I do not have any knowledge so even if I have the heart to help, how could I even help?"