186-187

Chapter 186: Dropping A Visit

Su Ming Feng left staggeringly. When he left, he seemed to have experience a tremendous change that his soul was somewhat lost.

Shen Miao initially wanted to say a few words to Xie Jing Xing but Xie Jing Xing had returned to his indifferent appearance and smiled as he urged her to return to the residence to rest, unwilling to mention about the matter. Shen Miao was helpless and could only go along with what he wanted to do.

Some people liked to share their painful experiences to win the sympathy of others. However one would not be willing to share with others the thing that made one really upset as every time when one remembered about it, it would be stabbing oneself with a knife. For Xie Jing Xing type of person, most likely he was not willing to reveal his weaknesses to others so in the eyes of others, he was very strong and nothing was impossible for him.

However Shen Miao heard something from his words, 'the most important point is that there is no nurturing but only expungement from Ming Qi to me'.

Even upon returning to the Shen mansion, Shen Miao was still thinking about this matter. What was the meaning that there was only expungement from Ming Qi to Xie Jing Xing? What floated in Shen Miao's mind was the events of the last lifetime.

In the last lifetime the residence of the Marquis of Lin An still fell at the end. Xie Ding and Xie Jing Xing both died in the battlefield and the remaining brothers, Xie Chang Chao and Xie Chang Wu were promoted as officials and Madam Fang also rose as a result. How in this lifetime, even though the three sons of the Xie family were gone, Xie Ding was still alive. As long as Xie Ding was still there, the residence of the Marquis of Lin An was not considered fallen. If Xie Ding had the intention to remarry, there was a possibility to have another son at this age. Even though it would look rather miserable, but comparing to the previous lifetime, it was already much better.

The difference between the last lifetime and the current one seemed to have started two years ago. In the previous lifetime, Xie Jing Xing did not set off to Northern Jiang but only did so in a few years' time and with time being shifted earlier, it had led to some changes. Just what exactly cause Xie Jing Xing to make this decision?

Because of her? Shen Miao was deep in thoughts. But what did Ming Qi do to push it?

In the last lifetime when Shen Miao knew of the Xie family's matter, she would sigh. She had initially suspected if the Imperial family was involved in the matter but did not delve deeper into matters. Be it be relations or reasonings, other than the father and son of the Xie family being a scoundrels, they were nothing but loyal to Ming Qi. If it was just because of being wary of their meritorious achievements that they were obliterated, then the Imperial family was just too ruthless and unfeeling.

At this moment, a conjecture appeared in her mind.

Assuming the Imperial family had already pointed the head of the arrow towards the residence of the Marquis of Lin An, then the death of the father and son of the Xie family in the battlefield would be the ending that the Imperial family planned for the residence of the Marquis of Lin An. Then because Xie Jing Xing took the initiative to request for the expedition in advance, the Imperial family's 'plans' were brought forward.

The Imperial family had its wish fulfilled and made Xie Jing Xing 'die in the battlefield' but at this time Xie Ding was still alive. Not only that, Xie Ding still had two sons but the ambitions of the residence of the Marquis of Lin An that Imperial family felt had not yet disappear. Fortunately Xie Ding was unable to recover after Xie Jing Xing's death and thus there was no rush to carry out the 'plan'.

Two years later, the Shu sons of the Xie family die in an accident and since then Xie Ding had no possibility of changing his fortune, thus even if he was remained, there would not be any problems. The Imperial family then change their previous plans and even took the initiative to placate, to show kindness and compassion to the officials.