210-211

Chapter 210: Birthday

On the third day of the seventh month, it was Xie Jing Xing's birthday. Everyone in the residence of Prince Rui became busy. From what others said, even though Xie Jing Xing himself did not like it, Emperor Yong Le would hold a banquet for Xie jing Xing in Bi Xiu Lou yearly to celebrate for Xie Jing Xing. The more Emperor Yong Le express that he valued Xie Jing Xing, the better the officials would treat Xie Jing Xing. Of course Xie Jing Xing's performance in the past two years was worth the scrutiny. The birthday celebration was a day where one could flatter so early in the morning, there were birthday presents that were continuous brought over to the residence.

Tang Shu was busy registering all the items in a booklet before bringing over to Shen Miao to look. Shen Miao was after all the WangFei of the residence of Prince Rui and even though she was in a cold war with Xie Jing Xing, she had to look through the list of gifts. Shen Miao swept a glance of it and her eyes were dazzled by the list of names. No matter if it was a high ranking official or a low ranking government official, they all rushed over to flatter. Even the Lu and Ye family also sent over gifts.

Shen Miao's heart was deeply moved, it was all because of the close relationship between Emperor Yong Le and Xie Jing Xing. If this was Ming Qi, if any official's birthday celebration had so many people celebrating, it would be suspicious to the eyes of the Emperor. Thus after coming to Long Ye, it felt somewhat strange to see it handled so openly.

Tang Shu pointed out to Shen Miao what gifts to be placed in the storehouse and which gifts could be used before he asked Shen Miao, "Furen must not forget to dress up earlier. Tie Yi's side will arrange people to pick Furen up to head to Bi Xiao Luo."

Shen Miao said doubtfully, "I..."

Tang Shu smiled, "Furen is the WangFei of the residence and His Highness's wife. Naturally Furen have to go for His Highness's birthday." After hesitating, he said, "Quarrels between a couple is like fighting at the head of the bed and make up at the end of the bed. His Highness looked like he is angry but if Furen don't go over today, one do not know how long he would sulk, so..."

"I understand, I will go over." Shen Miao said.

Tang Shu then sighed in relieve and reminded a couple more sentences to Shen Miao before leaving.

After he left, Shen Miao looked at that booklet and kept it well. When she was returning to the room, Jing Zhe came over and asked Shen Miao cautiously, "Furen will definitely go to Bi Xiao Luo right?"

"The residence of Prince Rui are monitored by other and I just came to Great Liang, thus other people would be watching the bustle. If one do not go then others would have the opportunity to talk. It is better to head directly. Use a General when the soldiers come and build a dam from earth when the water approaches."

Jing Zhe nodded her head continuously, "That's right. They want to see how our WangFei from Ming Qi looks like then let them see clearly Furen who comes from a General residence. How could anyone casually become a WangFei?"

Gu Yu pulled Jing Zhe and glared at her before whispering, "The more you say the more exaggerated it becomes."

Jing Zhe pouted and seeing that Shen Miao had headed to the room, she bit Gu Yu's ears, "Furen is still feeling awkward and looked for so many reasons to give in to GuYe (used by wife side of the family to call the husband) but no one will laugh." After speaking, she then felt emotional, "GuYe really have abilities to let Furen be willing to give in."

Gu Yu said, "Speak a few words lesser."

Shen Miao returned to the room and Jing Zhe followed in with Gu Yu. Gu Yu asked, "Would Furen like to choose what to wear tonight? Then this servant will be able to think of what hairstyle to comb."