126-127

Chapter 126: Scared You to Death

When the arrow was shot, everyone at the hall held their breath with rapt attention, and those timid female guests would directly cover their eyes, fearing to see the scene. The ministers were all very clear in their hearts, that no matter how vicious this Princess of the Qin country was, she would not shot a General's daughter to death on Ming Qi's soil in front of everyone.

But it was one thing to know it in one's heart, and another thing to see it with one's eyes. They were only onlookers but already felt their heart rapidly beating, so how would it be for Shen Miao?

Shen Miao quietly watched and did not even close her eyes at all, but looking seriously at the arrow that was sweeping towards her, as if she wanted to see the entire arrow clearly. But when it fell into others' eyes, it became unswerving steadiness.

The arrow gave a 'xiu' sound but lightly passed, just by a small difference, by Shen Miao's head.

Narrowly avoiding that red apple.

Shen Qiu who was sitting suddenly felt relieved, and Shen Xin's and Luo Xue Yan's clenched hands slightly loosened. Feng An Ning and Luo Tan patted their chests while Luo Ling picked the cup of tea in front of him, and drank a sip to hide his concerned expression.

The entire hall was silent. HuangFu Hao was originally smiling, but gradually became unable to smile anymore.

Princess Ming An waited for a while, but did not hear any cheers or mockery against Shen Miao from the crowd, and a bad feeling raised in her heart. She pulled the black cloth away from her eyes and saw that opposite of her, the apple on Shen Miao's shoulder was still safe and sound, and her arrow fell slightly away. The purple clad young female did not have a messy hair and her clothes were still intact without any trace of panic. She just looked at her lightly, "Your Princess Highness's hand had slipped and did not hit the target."

Did not hit the target.

That sentence was said extremely mildly, but it seemed to contain the highest form of ridicule, so hot that it made Princess Ming An's cheeks feel painful.

But after being stunned for that moment, Princess Ming An quickly reacted. She looked at Shen Miao and said angrily, "You must have moved just now. It is you that moved! BenGong have never miss before. If you did not move, how would BenGong not hit the target?"

Everyone did not expect that this Princess Ming An would suddenly create trouble, and even the Emperor showed his displeasure, "Is the Princess saying that the hundreds of people in this banquet are covering up for Young Lady Shen?"

Shen Miao stood straight and did not avoid or evade from the beginning to end, even though one did not know it was an act or real. If it was real, then everyone under Heavens would be enchanted for a female with such courage. No matter how Emperor Wen Hui fear the Shen family, they were at the end Ming Qi's people and he as the Ming Qi's Emperor, how could he let a Princess of the Qin country indiscriminately sneer at Shen Miao in front of him? One fear that if he indulged Princess Ming An's nonsense today, tomorrow the prestige this Emperor had with all the officials would plummet.

Princess Ming An felt grievances in her head and she looked at HuangFu Hao. HuangFu Hao looked at her with a grim face and Princess Ming An quivered. She dare not look at HuangFu Hao again, and instead turned to look at Prince Rui who was standing at the side before speaking delicately, "Did Your Highness Prince Rui saw clearly if the Young Lady of Shen family avoided it?" When she was speaking, Princess Ming An softened her voice as her eyes focused on Prince Rui, making everyone felt that it was somewhat unnatural.

Prince Rui's lips hooked up, "No."

Princess Ming An was surprised for a moment, "Your Highness Prince Rui is saying that Shen Miao did not evade it?"