170-171

Chapter 170: Wrath

Early on the next day, Shen Miao entered the Palace.

Luo Xue Yan and Shen Xin were worried about her and let her bring a number of guards. But the guards of the Shen residence could not follow Shen Miao constantly and once they reached the Palace gates, they had to wait outside.

Before Shen Miao's departure, she had put on all the different jewellery that Xie Jing Xing gave. Everything that could be worn were worn. Towards the Imperial Palace of Ming Qi, she could not guarantee that it as the most malicious place and only feared that accidents would happen thus she made preparations.

Once she reached the Palace Gates, Gu Yu and the rest waiting outside with the guards while Shen Miao was led into Kun Ning Palace by the palace maid. Along the journey, the palace maid felt somewhat strange. The journey from the Palace Gates to Kun Ning Palace was not considered easy as one had to walk through a number of long corridors and a few gardens but Shen Miao walked familiarly. Even along those old and loose steps the palace maids need not need to warn her and she would skip the steps accordingly. The palace maid was suspicious in her heart. Could it be that Shen Miao came to Kun Ning Palace once and remembered it so well that not one mistake was made?

One would not expect that this Kun Ning Palace was the place that Shen Miao stayed in her past lifetime that every single grass and wood were all remembered. Thus facing all the Imperial furnishing and delicate displays, she would turn a blind eye to it and if one looked carefully, there was a flash of aversion in Shen Miao's eyes.

These people did not know.

Upon reaching Kun Ning Palace, the servant was styling the Empress's hair and Shen Miao had to wait for quite a while before the Empress invite her in.

Today Consort Dong Shu did not come over and the Empress was the only mistress. She wore a somewhat formal robes with the nine Phoenixes hairpins and put a heavy makeup, to display a oppressive feeling.

Shen Miao took a glance and understood in her heart.

This was treating her as a little girl who had not seen the world and wanted to use the Imperial family's prestige to scare her? Force her to relent voluntarily? No wonder Luo Xue Yan was purposely dispensed. If Shen Miao was truly a sixteen year old young lady and with the Empress formal appearance and some threatening words, one would find one isolated and helpless that in a state of confusion, she would relent accordingly.

But how was Shen Miao a little girl? The person in front was an Empress and in her previous lifetime she was an Empress and was more knowledgeable that this one, had a even bigger airs and suffered more so this little act of a fox exploiting the tiger's might really did not enter her eyes at all. Shen Miao's eyes hang down and a humble smile floated on her face.

The Empress slowly frowned. Shen Miao's reaction was somewhat different than from what she had thought. She did not know if Shen Miao was deliberately acting confused or was originally stupid. Her gaze landed on the bracelet on Shen Miao's wrist and her eyes slightly congealed before she smiled, "That bracelet is classified as high grade, come up and let BenGong take a look."

Shen Miao went up accordingly and the Empress held Shen Miao's hand. One did not know where one had found such a rare jade material, so transparent and exceptionally smooth. Just as she was about to praise a few sentence, she heard Shen Miao speaking with a smile, "Replying to Your Ladyship, this official's daughter's necklace and earrings also looks good."

The Empress was dazed before seriously looking at it and the corner of her mouth could not help but jerk after looking at it. Cat eye hairpin matching with pearl earrings, pearl earrings with amber necklace, and needless to say all the other small jewelry. Each of them were pervious jewellery with exquisite craftsmanship but why did one brainlessly wear all of them? The Empress suddenly did not want to praise Shen Miao's jewelry and even lost interest in that bracelet. There was some despise in her heart as in the beginning everyone said that the Young Lady of the Shen family was a idiot that loves gold but afterwards there was a change. From today appearance, there was no difference from previous. Thinking of marrying Shen Miao to the Crown Prince, the Empress's heart was not happy. If it was for the sake of giving the Shen family's military power to the Crown Prince, the Empress was not willing to let such a coarse female marry into the Eastern Palace.