218-219

Chapter 218: Leaving

Shen Miao and Xie Jing Xing were good thus the entire residence of Prince Rui seemed to have release a long sigh of relief.

What was a blessing in disguise was that no only they reconciled, they seemed to have begun sleeping in the same room. This was simply beyond everyone's expectations. Tang Shu was the happiest and would brew daily some tiger whip or deer whip soup for Xie Jing Xing to drink and would often make Shen Miao speechless when she saw it.

Xie Jing Xing started to investigate the matters of the Ye family but the strange thing was that Ye Mei and her Younger Brother were indeed citizens and grew up in Great Liang. The life that they lived in Qin province was not even a little inaccurate. Shen Miao did not know why was it like that and later only thought that since she had relived this life, she had changed many things inadvertently. Just like Fu Xiu Yi's luck and just like the identities of Mei Furen and Younger Brother.

But no matter what changes there were, there was one thing that would not change. Ye Mei was her enemy in the previous lifetime and had entered the 'Ye' family in this lifetime. The opposite position was not changed at all.

Pei Lang's injuries gradually got better. Shen Miao went to take a look once but she did not enter the room and just took a look from afar. Seeing that he could drink the medication himself, she then left. Shen Miao had complicated feelings towards Pei Lang but Pei Lang most likely did not know about the matters in the past life and her knowledge of the past life matters made her unable to face the other in a calm attitude.

Thus she could maintain such a distance like this.

Xie Jing Xing was however very satisfied with this and said that she was much more sensible than she used to be. He took the opportunity to 'reward' her and seemed to replenish all the times that was not done since before they consummate the marriage. He had made Shen Miao unable to stay awake, like she was haunted by a male ghost.

The situation in Long Ye had looked like it was stabilised but the whirlpool of fighting was not something that others could imagine. After the Imperial Hunt, Emperor Yong Le had started to pull the net that was cast on the Lu family and the Lu family was busy dealing with the Imperial family, thus Xie Jing Xing became much busier.

Naturally Shen Miao could not relax as the letters from Ming Qi had arrived.

Luo Xue Yan had send letters to Shen Miao.

There were two letters in it. One was written by Luo Xue Yan, indicating that they were all well and repeatedly telling Shen Miao that if she suffered any grievances in Long Ye, she must not swallow it into her stomach and write to them about it. She also urged her strongly to have mutual respect with Xie Jing Xing and support one another then she asked about the situation at Shen Miao's side.

The other letter was written by Shen Qiu.

In Shen Qiu's letter, it was not the same of that of Luo Xue Yan's. When Shen Miao married, she had spoken about some things to Shen Qiu and even though she did not outright spoke of it, she had hinted Shen Qiu to be wary of the Imperial family of Ming Qi as the Imperial family of Ming Qi was a sinking mud and the Shen family have to protect oneself. No matter what methods were used, one had to always draw a clear relationship with the Imperial family otherwise one would be dragged in together and sink to the bottom of the mud. If it was necessary, the Shen family's clean reputation should be abandon and the priority was their lives.

This time Shen Qiu wrote about the situation in Ming Qi in his letter.

Upon calculation, it was more than half a year since Shen Miao left Ding capital. The situation in Ding capital was at the verge of change and there would be many changes on a daily basis, let alone half a year. But this change made one caught unprepared.