230-231 - End

Chapter 230: Expedition

Two days after Ye Mei and sibling fled, Emperor Yong Le slaughtered the entire Ye family on the offence of the Ye family colluding with Lu Zheng Xuan's rebellion. It was much easier dealing with the Ye family than the Lu family as the Ye family relied on the Lu family for support and thus when the Lu family fell, one Ye family was unable to make any waves. Even though when Ye Mao Cai was alive, he had lots of connections and followers, under Emperor Yong Le's iron hands, everyone could see clearly it clearly and fear was born, thus one dared not be as arrogant as before.

Ye Mao Cai's crimes was fixed personally by Emperor Yong Le and would be beheaded at noon. Speaking of which, Ye Mao Cai was not accused wrongly. In the stuff that Shen Miao exchanged with Ye Mei, she had picked up a few that was related to the Imperial family and handed it over to Empress Xian De. In order to control the Imperial family, Ye Mao Cai had made a lot of secret moves and all these things became important evidences for convicting the Ye family.

As for being beheaded at noon, the Imperial family prestige this time was huge.

The Mo Yun Army that was following Ye Mei and Jin Xing Ming would frequently send news back indicated that their escape was very smooth. Most of the people had believe the newly recognised siblings of the Ye family had died at the cliffs with the reason that one did not see clearly the roads when fleeing and fell off the cliff, dying without a full body. Even though Great Liang's soldiers did continue searching, they were unable to discover any traces of them.

Everyone else had thought that no one in the Ye family survived but there was one who did and it was Ye Hong Guang. Shen Miao instructed Mo Qing to arrange but Ye Hong Guang had not woken up till now and Gao Yang said that it depends on Ye Hong Guang himself to wake up. There might be a scenario that he would continue to sleep forever.

As for Xie Jing Xing, he returned on a rainy night.

In a burst of autumn rain, Shen Miao was reading under the lantern as the raindrops hit the windows and created little pattering sounds. The weather had gradually cooled down and the tea on the table quickly became cold.

The doors was pushed open and a little of the wind and rain outside was also brought in. Shen Miao turned her head back as Xie Jing Xing closed the doors and walked in. His clothes were somewhat wet because of the rain and as he took of his coat, he saw SHen Miao staring at him and his lips could not help but curl as he head towards her side and pinched her face, "It is not good. My Furen has become silly."

Shen Miao pushed away his hands, "Why do you come back now? Why did you not even pass a message?"

When Xie Jing Xing left, it was for a number of days and he did not even send a message over. Even if Shen Miao had a good temper, she would be somewhat annoyed. At least send over a message that he was safe and sound. The entire residence did not know his whereabouts, making one have a headache.

Xie Jing Xing coaxed her, "I am afraid if one spoke to you then one would want to return back. One has no choice with Imperial Older Brother's matter as it cannot be delayed." He grabbed onto Shen Miao's shoulder and said with a smile but not a smile, "If one knew early that Furen missed me so much, I would have returned sooner."

"You might as well not return." Shen Miao's anger was not dissipated.

Xie Jing Xing thought for a moment and put up an appearance of great justice, "How about this? In order to compensate Furen, I will be in your mercy today and would never struggle."

SHen Miao could not help but laughed, "You are sick."

When Xie Jing Xing saw her laughing, she then said, "Well coaxed. But upon my return, one had heard about a matter." He looked at Shen Miao, "You let Ye Mei escape?"