182-183

Chapter 182: Bestowing Marriage

Consort Xu Xian smiled prettily and asked, "Why is Older Sister not entering? Could it be that one had done something wrong and is currently kneeling and asking His Majesty for forgiveness? Why not this Younger Sister go in and intercede for Older Sister?"

The Empress gritted her teeth, "No need."

When the court was fighting, it would often implicate the females in the Inner Palace. Prince Zhou's clique and the Crown Prince's clique had always competed against one another as this did not only represent the throne but also the people behind them. If the Crown Prince collapse then how long could the Empress sit in that position? There would be a day when Emperor Wen Hui would get old and if Prince Zhou sat on the Dragon throne, what kind of ending would the Empress have?

In ordinary official's courtyard, there would be a number of dirty means and it was even worse in the Inner Palace as one's carelessness would cause one to lose their life and implicate one's family. How would one not live life carefully?

Consort Xu Xian laughed, "If Older Sister is not willing than Younger Sister would not be forceful. However Younger Sister still has things to say to His Majesty and would not bother Older Sister's interest." She covered the smile on before instructing someone to report to Emperor Wen Hui.

The Empress only hated that she was unable to disfigure Consort Xu Xian's face. The Empress had almost guessed what Consort Xu Xian would have said when she went in now. It was nothing more than lighting a flame, fanning it and adding fuel into the fire. Emperor Wen Hui always listened to Consort Xu Xian's words thus one feared that the anger towards the Crown Prrine would only increase to another level.

However, she was unable to obstruct Consort Xu Xian.

Just as Consort Xu Xian was about to enter, someone ran in from outside in a rush. Upon seeing Consort Xu Xian, he said regretfully, "Your Ladyship Consort Xu Xian, His Highness Prince Rui is currently outside, requesting to see His Majesty."

Prince Rui? Consort Xu Xian and the Empress were startled at the same time. Why did Prince Rui come here at this time?

Although Consort Xu Xian was arrogant normally, she was not unclear about the importance of things. Those arrogances were just little tantrums that were thrown towards Emperor Wen Hui and she would not dare to be careless on big matters, thus she immediately said, "Then I will come over later."

The Empress was a few years older than Consort Xu Xian and saw more matters of the court thus her heart sank. Prince Rui did not come earlier or later but just at the time when something happened to the Crown Prince and only after Emperor Wen Hui had handed out the conviction decree of the Crown Prince. One feared that his purpose in coming was ill-intended.

He had a relaxed expression even with the half silver mask on and the Empress felt a little shameful. As the Empress of a country, she let an outsider see her in an embarrassing condition. Consort Xu Xian however had a worried expression on. Some people were born uniquely that even though their appearance might be ordinary, their air of nobility and elegance was able to make other's admire from the heart. It was as if by just standing there, other's eyes would not be able to keep away from him.

Prince Rui walked past the Empress and only gave her a glance without much meaning to it and his footsteps did not stop at all, as if he had not seen the scene of the Mother of a country knelling in front of the hall. However this was not because he empathised with the Empress. Even though Prince Rui did not show any expression, the Empress felt that the other party was too lazy to look and the disdain and contempt came from the bottom of his heart.

She felt exceptionally embarrassed.

In the Imperial Study, Emperor Wen Hui was sitting in front of the table. He had a light and flowing appearance but was firm and steady, as if the person who was previously flying into a rage was not him.