214-215

Chapter 214: Previous Lifetime II

Time was like an arrow, sunrises and sunsets were as usual.

Flowers had bloom a few rounds, flowers had wilted a few rounds, the moon changed from crescent to a full moon, so what more humans?

For example the Shen family had gotten increasingly weaker and the Empress that that was being treated increasingly coldly. It was as if they were an old man struggling in death.

Princess Wan Yu had died due to illness on the route to the marriage alliance and Empress Shen was unable to recover from it. Even though she was dignified and careful, upon close inspection, there was feebleness in her eyes. It was only when she saw the Crown Prince that it would slightly brighten, like a faint ember in the ashes that would also soon be extinguished.

A beauty clad in Palace attire smiled at the green clad male and smiled, "National Advisor, getting a drop of the Empress's fingertip blood should not be a difficult thing for you."

Pei Lang looked at the female in front. She was charming like a cat at night, intelligent and smart, otherwise the Emperor would not be placed in the palm of her hands.

From a female's perspective, she was undoubtedly seductive and able to hold a man's thought in her grasp. From one who had power, she did a good job.

She advanced by retreating and would never take the initiative to mention one's status or demand for money but make one willing to offer things to her. Not only that, she would even snatch what others had. She would refer to others to fight, relying on the Emperor's heart and borrowing her brother's support to slowly and quietly grasp everything one wanted in the palm of one's hand.

She looked as charming as a flower but had a snake-like heart. Wasn't this one the one that forced the little Princess, who was only a teenager, up the road of death?

In comparison, the Mistress of the Six Palaces was at the end not more vicious that this one. Perhaps because one was from the Shen family that was a loyal military household, no matter how one's personality change, there would still be some kindness in one's bone.

But it was because of this little kindness, that made her destined to be always inferior to the other's means.

Mei Furen saw him in a daze and said, "National Advisor?"

Pei Lang recovered to his senses and thought about it before asking, "Why does Your Ladyship the Imperial Consort want Her Ladyship the Empress's fingertip blood?"

"You do not need to know what it is for." Mei Furen smiled like a flower. Even though she was already an Imperial Consort, she still kept her initial title. Mei Furen. When one hear it it was charming and moving that made one forget that deep in the Inner Palace, a delicate flower was also poisonous.

She said, "National Advisor can see clearly Her Ladyship the Empress's situation now." She pointed to a vine that was sandwiched between two threes and smiled, "This vine has just sprouted and is sandwiched between two trees. There was no need to choose as one could live well anyhow but when it slowly grows bigger, as one gets taller, the wind and rain would be bigger, thus one would need search for a place to climb up." She looked towards Pei Lang, "There is a tree to it's left and right and he could only chose one tree to climb."

"Both tree occupy the same inch of pace and is competing on the same piece of land. There is only so much land so one tree would be cut off."

"That vine must make a good choice as if it climbed up a tree that is about to be cut, it would be pulled out in unison." Mei Furen smiled at Pei Lang, "National Advisor, how do you think that vine would choose?"