224-225

Chapter 224: Imperial Edict

"Whichever eye you use, I will dig that eye out."

He dared to even speak of such treats brazenly, not caring of Lu Zheng Xuan's and Emperor Yong Le's presences. Lu Zheng Xuan was so angry that he almost looked up to Heavens. Xie Jing Xing clearly meant to make Ye Hong Guang change his statement in front of him! How could someone be that overbearing!

"Now tell me again." Xie Jing Xing played with the gold ingot in his head and spoke carelessly, "What did you see?"

How would Ye Hong Guang experience such a battle? Most likely he had not thought that there was someone who would dared to be so unreasonable in front of the Emperor. Under much panic, he looked towards Ye Mei for help because among all these people present, the only person who was related to him was Ye Mei.

However what made Ye Hong Guang disappointed was that Ye Mei did not help him at all and instead lowered her head to avoid Ye Hong Guang's gaze. Like that, Ye Hong Guang was even more helpless.

Emperor Yong Le and Empress Xian De did not speak. Lu Zheng Xuan was initially arrogant and irritating but Xie Jing Xing had a personality that would not take any disadvantage. When both of them faced one another, it was Lu Zheng Xuan who would suffer thus both of them would not speak at all.

Even though Lu Zheng Xuan was irritated by Xie Jing Xing, he dared not make a move easily. Emperor Yong Le still had the identity of the Emperor and moreover all pretenses were not torn off yet but it was different with Xie Jing Xing. In the beginning when Xie Jing Xing returned to Long Ye, there were also officials who pointed out suspicion points of Xie Jing Xing in the Imperial court and this person nodded along with all smiles to it but not long after, which one of those officials had a good ending? Xie Jing Xing was a vicious person and would seek revenge for the smallest grievances so unless it was the last resort, one could not tear all pretenses off in front of him.

Ye Hong Guang was unwilling to speak and at this time Shen Miao was instead calmed down. She walked up and stood beside Xie Jing Xing, looking at that youth in the wheelchair and said, "Did you really see me pushing down Consort Jing?"

Ye Hong Guang raise his head to look at her. Shen Miao was after all a female so Ye Hong Guang was not so afraid of her. Although his expression was a little unnaturally, he had more courage and nodded firmly after hesitation.

She said, "Alright. Then tell me where you were at that time?"

Ye Hong Guang was startled.

"Are you on top of the steps or at the bottom of the steps?" Shen Miao slowed her voice and there was warmth in her words, like she was a gentle older sister. However Ye Hong Guang suddenly became anxious because of her question and shrank his neck.

Ye Mei who was kneeling on the floor with her head down also slightly trembled.

Shen Miao did not give him the opportunity to think and was pushing him when she asked, "Recalled? Is it on top or bottom?"

"Bot... Bottom." Ye Hong Guang said.

Shen Miao smiled gently.

Lu Zheng Xuan and Lu Furen looked at her with anger, seemingly annoyed that she could still laugh at such an occasion. Empress Xian De was however was slightly relaxed while Emperor Yong Le stared at Shen Miao and Xie Jing Xing folded his arms and looked at Ye Hong Guang with a smile but not a smile.

"That is really strange." Shen Miao said, "That stairs is very long and it is because of that reason that Consort Jing would be this injured after falling. With such a long staircase and you are standing below, how would you be able to see clearly me, who was standing at the top? One fears that even Consort Jing's shadow could not be seen."