94-95

Chapter 94: Ambiguity

During the Jade Rabbit Festival of the Ding capital, there would always be countless number of females that would be abducted by kidnappers yearly. If the abductees were male children, they would be in a much better position, as they would be sold to faraway families that were unable to bear children to be their sons. If they were female children or young females, they would be miserable, as those that do not have good looks would be passed around the brokers and sold to big families to become low ranked maids, and those who looked good would be worse off than the normal looking ones. They might be sold to troupes or to brothels, or perhaps be auctioned off after being taught for a few years how to be a plaything for some rich people.

Also among these females, there were some that came from big families but to the kidnappers, there was no separations between backgrounds. Who cared if you were a young lady of a big family or a commoner, once one landed in the hands of the kidnappers, everyone was the same.

"Shen Young Lady was abducted by kidnappers?" In the room Ji Yu Shu suddenly stood up and walked to and fro for two steps, showing some worried expressions, "Shen Young Lady look not bad and her bearing is extraordinary. One fear that once landed into the hands of the kidnappers, she would definitely be sold off. Even though I also like Young Lady Shao Yao, but one do not wish Shen Young Lady to become such a Young Lady. Third Xie Older Brother, should we go and save her?"

Gao Yang snorted disdainfully at Ji Yu Shu's words, "Are you alright? With Shen Miao's means and methods, how is it possible to be kidnapped. Moreover about the kidnappers, they will only pick single young ladies or lost children to abduct, but Shen Qiu and Shen Xin were not far from Shen Miao. Those kidnappers are not fools, why would they specifically pick such a big thorn? Moreover Shen Miao's looks are not at the level of national grace and divine fragrance, it would not be worth it."

These words were actually not wrong as when the kidnappers abduct people they would take advantage of other's inattention. Even if one were to abduct and sell official families' young ladies, they would also choose a time where there was no one around that young lady, but hearing from those who inquired information, at that time Shen Miao was by the Wan Li Lake and when there was a commotion in the crowd then the kidnappers took action. Even though it sounded easy, but if one were to be discovered, one would not be able to escape as there were so many people around. For such a dangerous thing, if one were to do it for one with the level of national grace and divine fragrance, it would be worth doing it, but Shen Miao was after all a little young lady and even though she looked not bad, it was not a level where one would lose their sense of logic.

The most important thing was that at that time Shen Qiu and Shen Xin were not far away and since ancient times, the evildoers followed the guidelines of fear the strong and bully the weak, so obviously knowing that Shen Xin's entire family was looking, it was not a good move to anger them, so why would the kidnappers find trouble for themselves. For one to do such a dangerous, not profitable and unworthy transaction, would only be if the kidnapper was one who had a bad brain.

Ji Yu Shu said with a sudden understanding, "So it is to say that it is not the work of kidnappers? Then who would it be? It is obviously targeting Shen Young Lady. Could it be related to Prince Yu's residence?" As he spoke, he shook his head, "Prince Yu's people also did not know that the elimination of the entire household was related to Shen Miao, could it be Shen family's people? Heard from the grapevine that the Shen family is at odds, could it have been done by the other households?"

Xie Jing Xing, who was quietly sitting at the side, stood up, "It is 'them'."

"Them?" Gao Yang tensed up in an instant and looked towards Xie Jing Xing, "They have already discovered?"