78-79

Chapter 78: Bustling With Activity

"He cannot marry, even before suggesting it."

Gao Yang looked towards the direction of Xie Jing Xing's sight, and saw that in the bushes of flowers Shen Miao's personal maid had instructed the young eunuch with some stuff. The young eunuch agreed and most likely it was the first time for him to receive such a large amount, thus he looked very happy and respectfully said some stuff to the maid before leaving.

When the young eunuch left, Jing Zhe stood at the original spot and there appeared a trace of doubt in her expression. Shen Miao specifically instructed her to pass the things to that particular young eunuch, but this young eunuch was obviously new to the palace and had no dealings with Shen Miao. So why the need for specific selection?

Unable to think the reason behind this, Jing Zhe shook her head. Since the goal has been reached, she turned around and left.

"This young lady from Shen family has a really huge courage." Gao Yang commented, "Even dare to take action in the Palace and it seems that Shen Xin is not aware of it."

Xie Jing Xing declined to comment. A person who dared to burn down their own ancestral hall in a fire would not be considered as timid to him. As for what kind of place to take what kind of action, in Shen Miao's eyes, most likely there was no difference at all.

"Come on." A weird smile appeared on his lips, "We should also go and watch the show."

"I will not go." Gao Yang winked, "Now one must prioritise carefulness in one's action. Not to mention, there are changes in the plan thus one must be more cautious."

"As you like." Xie Jing Xing said lazily. Suddenly he thought of something and said casually, "If there is time, go to the Imperial Physician Court and inquire if there is anything going on from those old folks."

"Order accepted." Gao Yang cupped his hands in obeisance and slowly walked towards the other direction.

*****

The time passed like a stroll and it was time for the returning banquet to begin.

The female guests sat at the lower section of the great hall, and the left side that was nearest to the highest seats, at the middle, belonged to the princes. Prince Zhou, Prince Jing and Prince Ding had arrived first. Afterwards Prince Li, Prince Xiang and Prince Chen entered.

Prince Zhou and Prince Jing were brothers so naturally they were a faction, whereas Prince Xiang and Prince Chen were led by Prince Li and they were another faction. As for His Highness the Crown Prince who has yet to arrive, he had the support of Prince Xuan's and Prince Chu's support. As for the ninth prince, His Highness Prince Ding, Fu Xiu Yi, he did not help any faction and looked to have the weakest power and also the most neutral faction.

With the emergence of the three princes, the hustle and bustle in the hall gradually quietened down.

Emperor Wen Hui was also eccentric, he had nine sons and every one of them were extremely outstanding. If it was an ordinary household, one would burst out of joy with so many outstanding sons but in the nobilities, the more outstanding the sons were, the more intense the competition was. The most unfortunate thing was that these nine outstanding sons were born in the most ruthless Imperial family. This meant that their outstanding qualities would become the nails in one another's eyes, and one would not be content with nothing short of the other's destruction.

Now that all the nine sons were grown up, even though the position of the Crown Prince had been established, but all of the other forces did not curb. Emperor Wen Hui was still present and could maintain the balance in it, but there would be a day that this enormous dragon will get old and at that time, one was afraid that it would be another reign of terror because of the Imperial family of Ming Qi that had already begin to stir.