98-99

Chapter 98: Demonstration

From the first day since Jing Chu Chu and Jing Guan Sheng came to visit, there was a subtle change in the atmosphere in the Shen residence. Everyone knew that Old Shen Furen was selfish and stingy by nature and was not warm or magnanimous, but facing the grandnephew and grandniece from her maiden family that she had not meet for so many years, she did not show any cold expression, but treated them so very kind and warmly that she often gave them gifts and money.

However these two people actually seemed to intend to stay in the residence for a long time as there were no intentions of leaving . Because Old Shen Furen treated them politely, when the servants saw that they also treated them politely.

In the Eastern courtyard of the Shen residence, at one of the side rooms of Cai Yun Yuan, Wan YiNiang was knotting a string bag and the colourful strings quickly formed a complex shape as she spoke to Shen Dong Ling, who was sitting behind the folding screen practicing calligraphy, "Has Old Furen changed her temperament? This good treatment towards Biao Young Lady and Biao Young Master is almost better than Ling-er's already."

"There are no mistakes in Old Furen's calculations." Shen Dong Ling sat behind the folding screen and her facial colour was much better than before, at least it was not as pale as previously. Now that Shen Gui come over often to Wan YiNiang's to sit, he also started to give her more attention and sent over a lot of nutritious herbs. Shen Gui's attitude gave a clue to everyone in Cai Yun Yuan but some people still had the wait and see attitude, as even though Ren Wan Yun went crazy, there was still a Di Young Master, Shen Yuan. No matter if Wan YiNiang was able to regain favour, Shen Dong Ling was after all only a daughter.

"Ling-er also felt that it is somewhat odd?" Wan YiNiang's hands stopped, "But for what reasons does Old Furen treat those two people for?"

Shen Dong Ling smiled, "Old Furen naturally hope that some people would be attracted to Young Lady and Young Master."

Wan YiNiang suddenly smartened up and understood it. She looked towards Shen Dong Ling, "Who does Old Furen want them to be close with?"

"Small family without any power or prospects and also from Old Furen's maiden family." Shen Dong Ling carefully placed her brush down, "Whoever Old Furen hate the most, naturally it would be them."

Just as Shen Dong Ling was speaking, in the Western courtyard at the training courtyard for swordplay, Shen Qiu and Shen Xin just finished practicing a round and let their subordinates continue practicing, while they got ready to rest a while when they saw a yellow clad young female walking over towards the courtyard.

This young female had a countenance of a flower and face like the moon with a delicate and timid appearance. There was also a bamboo basket around her wrist which was carried in a way where it made one look pitiful. She walked over to the edge of the courtyard and lowered her head as she called out, "Biao Older Brother. Biao Shu."

It was precisely Jing Chu Chu.

Luo Xue Yan was currently at another end giving pointers to soldiers and Shen Xin and Shen Qiu were somewhat surprise upon seeing Jing Chu Chu. Shen Qiu took a step forward and said, "What is Biao Younger Sister here for?"

When he spoke the words 'Biao Younger Sister', he felt not used to them because after all he had never seen Jing Chu Chu for all these years, and to suddenly gain an additional Biao Younger Sister, it was difficult for anyone to accept it.

Jing Chu Chu smiled shyly and placed the bamboo basket around her wrist down on a stone platform before speaking softly, "Chu Chu had personally made some snacks. Thinking that Biao Older Brother and the rest would be tired after practicing swordplay, one made these things, hoping that Biao Older Brother and Biao Shu would not despise." After which she lowered her head to open the lid and took out a few dishes of snacks out of it. Those snacks were made delicately and smelt sweet and fragrant. Shen Xin had not yet said anything but Shen Qiu the glutton was already swallowing his saliva.