138-139

Chapter 138: Snatch

"As luck would have it, this Prince also want."

Everyone seated were initially smiling but after a few more smiles, they were unable to continue smiling. HuangFu Hao stared at Prince Rui's eyes and even Fu Xiu Yi unexpectedly looked at him, while Princess Ming An's facial expression froze and her mood was instantly distorted.

It was the Crown Prince that laughed and smoothed things over, "A elegant and virtuous maiden, a gentleman's desire. Young Lady Shen has both looks and talents, naturally she would attract countless of heroes."

Everyone then followed and nodded their heads. Prince Rui picked up the wine cup that was placed down with a smile yet not a smile, and did not speak anymore.

Everyone all thought that he merely jested and said a joke, because not for anything else but, how would Prince Rui from the Great Liang be able to marry a daughter of an official of Ming Qi? Not to mention these two persons were not well matched, now under such sensitive and tense circumstances, by marrying a Young Lady from another country was like entering a trap that makes one uneasy. Who knew if that Young Lady was a spy that was sent by the other country, and no matter how courageous one was, no one would dare to take this risk.

Everyone continued to laugh, drink and eat, but after Prince Rui said those words, Princess Ming An had fallen into a state of resentment that even her gaze was filled with hatred, and even HuangFu Hao was frowning at it.

Speaking of which, the banquet that the Crown Prince hosted was fairly satisfactory, as the Princes of Ming Qi most likely wanted to find out the attitude of the Qin country and the Great Liang towards Ming Qi. Until now the Qin country had been very intimate with the Ming Qi, and did not have any intention to be enemies. However it was Prince Rui, hailing from the Great Liang that was neither cold nor warm, one could saw that it was not close nor hostile and it made one feel elusive. Even during toasting when everyone was tipsy and merry, he made others frustrated as he was not drunk and his mind was clear, thus there was no slip up in his words at all.

At the end of it, Prince Rui was also the first to leave. Because of him leaving the banquet, Princess Ming An's mood became even worse. On the way back, Princess Ming An had punished several servants, and even Prince Ding's subordinates that were on official business were also cursed by her.

Those two people were not others but Xie Chang Wu and Xie Chang Chao. Fu Xiu Yi scolded them some more before Princess Ming An let it go. After returning to Prince Ding's residence, Fu Xiu Yi had told his aides about what had happened at the banquet today and pondered, "That Prince Rui of the Great Liang seemed to be hostile to this Prince, and deliberately oppressed during the banquet.

Fu Xiu Yi was able to attract a group of capable people and as a Prince, other than being able to forbear, his schemes might not be the highness but his ability to recruit talent and perseverance, were something that no one among the nine Princes was able to compete with him. He could spend days facing another's wooden door and wait, and each time he waits, it would be an entire night, and he also planned a stable and prosperous future for the entire life of that person's family. Thus all the aides that followed him were talented and also loyal to him. Once there was any problems, he was able to get the answer from the aides' mouth.

As for the ability to manage people, it was what an Emperor should learn to do. At this point, Fu Xiu Yi was indeed an outstanding Emperor.

Each one of the aides were deep in thoughts, as Fu Xiu Yi looked at the plainly clad male right in front and said, "What is Gentleman Pei's thoughts of it?"

If one were to saw that every aide here was Fu Xiu Yi's trusted people, then Pei Lang was definitely considered to be Fu Xiu Yi's confidant. Pei Lang was recruited by Fu Xiu Yi two years ago. At that time Pei Lang's talent caught Fu Xiu Yi's eyes, but Pei Lang was one who had no greed for power and Fu Xiu Yi at the end, had to spend a lot of effort in reasoning before Pei Lang finally moved. After all the twists and turns, the person did not disappoint Fu Xiu Yi and within the two years, he helped Fu Xiu Yi solve many problems. Therefore, up to now, whenever he meet with an unsolvable problem, Fu Xiu Yi would often thought about Pei Lang.