198-199

Chapter 198: Wives and Concubines

On the same night when Xie Jing Xing returned, Shen Miao told Xie Jing Xing about the matter of the invitation. Xie Jing Xing told Shen Miao if she did not want to go, it was alright to reject it. Even though the Lu and Ye families were arrogant, they currently dared not tear away all pretenses with the residence of Prince Rui. In another words, Shen Miao had the power to reject.

It was just that even it was so, Shen Miao did not want to refuse. Knowing oneself and knowing one's enemy would lead one to be victorious in every batter. Currently she had no knowledge of the different fractions in Great Liang and one could take advantage of this opportunity to understand it better. Not mentioning the Ye family, just want kind of thoughts the Lu family had towards her can be seen in this time.

Naturally Xie Jing Xing would not stop Shen Miao's decision. After the husband and wife discussed about it, Shen Miao instructed others to reply to the invitation that she would be there punctually.

Two days later, it was the day of the Bright Summer Banquet.

Shen Miao woke up very early and when she was eating breakfast, Xie Jing Xing was already not in the residence. It seemed that after returning to Great Liang, he was very busy every day and would leave early in the day and only return late at night. Shen Miao felt that this Imperial city did not seemed to be as calm as it seemed on the surface.

Jing Zhe combed Shen Miao hair for her. After she came to the residence of Prince Rui of First Rank, due to convenience, she still used her own personal maids. Speaking of which, there were very few female servants in the entire Prince residence. Other than the cook and a few MoMo, it was an entire scenery of males. Hearing from Tang Shu, after Xie Jing Xing was conferred a Prince of First Rank two years ago when he returned to Great Liang, he would catch a few spies that were dressed as maids. Most likely there were more matters with females and it was easy to let some unscrupulous people to exploit. Afterwards, there was no longer any more females in the entire Prince residence.

However it was because of this reason, the Prince residence was like a copper wall. After so long, the people outside hated it but they were also helpless as they are unable to find any ways around.

Gu Yu said, "It is Furen's first time participating a banquet in Long Ye thus one must dress up beautifully. When other see Furen as such, they would not say more and Furen will also give our Ming Qi some face."

Xie Jing Xing was considered as prestigious in Long Ye. When Jing Zhe and Gu Yu went out to buy things, they heard outsiders talking about it that it was Shen Miao's past life blessing to be able to marry to Prince Rui of First Rank in this lifetime. Jing Zhe and Gu Yu listened to it till their heart felt not convinced. What was not good about their family's Young Lady? Even in Ding capital in Ming Qi, she was one of the higher ranking Young Lady. Not mentioning intelligence, she has a kind character and that temperament, she would not even give in to a Princess, so what was all these climbing up?

But one mouth would not be able to beat everyone else. It was better to use facts to slap another's face. Shen Miao thought that this time Shen Miao should surprise everyone so that those people would no longer speak of all these stuff.

"What is there for to mind this?" Shen Miao laughed, "They only said it to make their hearts feel comfortable but it will not affect us."

"Furen, Gu Yu did not say wrongly." Jing Zhe was helping Shen Miao chose the hairpins in the jewelry chest as she said, "One must not be lower than her in this opinion."

Just as she was speaking, she saw Tang Shu knocking the door from outside. Shen Miao signaled her to come in and saw that a young lady was following behind Tang Shu. She seemed to look even younger than Shen Miao and was slightly chubbier, most likely because of her young age, but she had an very pleasing appearance and a pair s smiling eyes. Her lips were stretched wide and her complexion was fair and tender. In a moment, Shen Miao thought of Su Ming Lang... But it was a young girl.